Solve Problems In Chiclana

Solve Problems In Chiclana

Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Solve Problems In Chiclana

Originally Posted by dazzle
I guess because you weren't there Mitzi
The question was asked in a roundabout way and all he said was that money was being spent to fine (denounce) the perpetrators and if they persisted with the build, the Guardia would be called, the site shut down and the property demolished.
What he failed to mention is that the perpetrators usually appear on his doorstep with a big juicy Jamon and bottle of Rioja to soften him up prior to starting !!!

PS....haven't mentioned who 'HIM' is so can't be done for slander
Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
The question was asked in a roundabout way and all he said was that money was being spent to fine (denounce) the perpetrators and if they persisted with the build, the Guardia would be called, the site shut down and the property demolished.
What he failed to mention is that the perpetrators usually appear on his doorstep with a big juicy Jamon and bottle of Rioja to soften him up prior to starting !!!

PS....haven't mentioned who 'HIM' is so can't be done for slander
Can you nip round with above & kindly ask him if i can have a meter then Ben
Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

No I was not there as I suspected the whole thing to be a political con to get one thing ex pat votes for the forthcoming muncipal elections and reading the posts of people who had gone I was spot on.

I am astonished that the people who organized it are non other than the people responsible for the whole mess in the first place. I thought at the very least it would have been the opposition party!!

But even I have to admire the bare face cheek of this present mayor though in coming out with the statement (if that is what he said) that Chiclana has not the infrastructure to cope with all the present development!!! Mind you expect they can always blame the translation???
Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve in pago
Can you nip round with above & kindly ask him if i can have a meter then Ben
It will probably take a whole pig and a vineyard to sort your case out Steve
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dazzle
It will probably take a whole pig and a vineyard to sort your case out Steve
lol yep your probably right there
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mitzipurr] statement (if that is what he said) that Chiclana has not the infrastructure to cope with all the present developmentQUOTE]

I understood he was referring to particular areas of Chiclana that some English had chosen to buy houses in. Chiclana covers a huge administrative area if you include Pago, El Marquesado and Lopez. Even four years ago these were largely vineyards around small hamlets, now there are villas. The actual suburbs of Chiclana have a good infrastructure with no problems of legal electricity etc.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Lis48]
Originally Posted by mitzipurr
statement (if that is what he said) that Chiclana has not the infrastructure to cope with all the present developmentQUOTE]

I understood he was referring to particular areas of Chiclana that some English had chosen to buy houses in. Chiclana covers a huge administrative area if you include Pago, El Marquesado and Lopez. Even four years ago these were largely vineyards around small hamlets, now there are villas. The actual suburbs of Chiclana have a good infrastructure with no problems of legal electricity etc.

Yes I will go along with that BUT surely he knew this illegal development was taken place. All he had to do was STOP it and he would not have a problem with the infrastructure in the areas you are referring to. I still say the blame falls squarely on the shoulders who ever was in power at Chiclana Town Hall at the time all these properties were being constructed.!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mitzipurr]
Originally Posted by Lis48

Yes I will go along with that BUT surely he knew this illegal development was taken place. All he had to do was STOP it and he would not have a problem with the infrastructure in the areas you are referring to. I still say the blame falls squarely on the shoulders who ever was in power at Chiclana Town Hall at the time all these properties were being constructed.!!
But the properties are still being constructed as we speak.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 2:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mitzipurr]
Originally Posted by Lis48

He only has to send the police along to check the licence, if no licence then no work is allowed, they then give everybody 15 minutes to get off the site and then take photo`s of the work that has been carried out.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=glynis]

But the properties are still being constructed as we speak.

precisely Glynis and what does that tell you??
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jdr]

He only has to send the police along to check the licence, if no licence then no work is allowed, they then give everybody 15 minutes to get off the site and then take photo`s of the work that has been carried out.

Yes JDR on that we agree it sounds so simple BUT never happens and unfortunately I do not think it will in the forseeable future despite all his talk about it??
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=mitzipurr]
Originally Posted by jdr

Yes JDR on that we agree it sounds so simple BUT never happens and unfortunately I do not think it will in the forseeable future despite all his talk about it??
I personally don't think he gives a stuff about the illegal houses nor the problems it is causing. Politicians are politicians the world over and play lip service to 2 sets of people. Voters and those who can line their pockets.

The number of people who have been employed by the sudden rise in construction far outweighs those who have been affected and many people have become very wealthy by this sudden boom. I would suspect that this is the driving force behind the action the Town Hall are taking (or not) to solve the problems.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=cdlcaretaking]

I personally don't think he gives a stuff about the illegal houses nor the problems it is causing. Politicians are politicians the world over and play lip service to 2 sets of people. Voters and those who can line their pockets.

The number of people who have been employed by the sudden rise in construction far outweighs those who have been affected and many people have become very wealthy by this sudden boom. I would suspect that this is the driving force behind the action the Town Hall are taking (or not) to solve the problems.

Absolutely spot on observations and my thoughts entirely.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:22 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=cdlcaretaking]

Perhaps the only way we can all help is to keep up the constant barrage of postings about the problems in Chiclana. Although in the short term this will affect sales and property prices, in the long term things could bounce back and have a greater, more positive outcome.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=poollounger]
Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
Perhaps the only way we can all help is to keep up the constant barrage of postings about the problems in Chiclana. Although in the short term this will affect sales and property prices, in the long term things could bounce back and have a greater, more positive outcome.
so say all of us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.