Sologrande

Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Doz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sologrande

Hi Everyone,
my partner and i are off to Costa Del sol soon to check things out with the idea of moving there in the future.We have stayed at Marbella and Puerto Banus and are now interested in going further south,we are interested in Sotogrande.If anyone has been or got any info that might be of use, that would be great.Thanks D

Last edited by Doz1; Apr 6th 2007 at 12:37 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sologrande

Originally Posted by Doz1
Hi Everyone,
my partner and i are off to Costa Del sol soon to check things out with the idea of moving there in the future.We have stayed at Marbella and Puerto Banus and are now interested in going further south,we are interested in Sotogrande.If anyone has been or got any info that might be of use, that would be great.Thanks D
Brilliant polo club, had loads of fun there, but aside from that cant say more, oh wait, La Duquesa is nearby, quite nice there.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Doz1
Hi Everyone,
Hello Doz1,
welcome to the forum..you certainly have expensive taste, Sotogrande is very nice, a mini puerto Banus but without the crowds, it is certainly the boating jet set, there are a few nice Cafe' bars and some very expensive appartments, not to sure about inland though, Duquesa is quite a nice port also, but very British, I have been there a few times and struggled to hear a Spanish voice, fine if that is what you want...
If you want to go further south it is worth a drive down past Sotogrande to an area called Alcadesa , it is still being developed and is a beautiful area, if you are into Golf there is a great links course their..with the rock of Gibralter and the Atlas mountains in the background, lots of apartments and Villas for sale also......Good luck..keep us posted with your progress.....
Old Apr 7th 2007, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

expatnevergoingback will become famous soon enough
Default Sotogrande

Sotogrande is indeed a wealthy area, and as such seems to attract a fair number of wide boys and alot more crime than its neighbours. Watch out for the estate agents in the port -they are the most disreputable bunch I have ever come across.
You pay a huge premium to live in soto but don't expect to get anything for it -the properties there are as badly built as any on the CDS unless you start spending millions.
& if you decide that soto is the place for you, and you decide to buy, be sure to ask the estate agent how many years the property has been on the market...
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the replies.Dont fancy the idea of wide boys and high crime.The Duquesa area sounds nice though.We are even thinking maybe further down to Costa de la luz..any feedback on that area would be most welcome.Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:58 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I was once told to "p!ss off!" at Sotegrande by none other than Sean Connery. FACT!

We used to play Rugby there amoungst the Polo Poney poo every Saturday morning. You had to be in-date with your tetenus vaccine just to play
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I was once told to "p!ss off!" at Sotegrande by none other than Sean Connery. FACT!

We used to play Rugby there amoungst the Polo Poney poo every Saturday morning. You had to be in-date with your tetenus vaccine just to play

Oh Dear!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the scrums never collapsed, lol
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Head hurting today mate?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:53 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually suffered my worst ever sports injury at Sotogrande - well, at least the most painful of sports injuries anyway.

I was hooking and it was the first scrum. The opposite tighthead prop had gone onto the pitch with a handful of Algipan (deep heat) and hadn't bound-on to his own hooker so that it left his 'Algipan' hand free. As soon as the scrum engaged he manouvered his arm and pushed the contents of his hand into my face and eyes. I was blinded immediately and the pain was immense. As soon as my arms were free I was flailing around like a good'un. I think I punched about three people - trouble was, I couldn't see who I'd hit so I took a few punches back whilst blinded and was pretty much knocked out cold

I was told later that 2 of the 3 people I'd hit were members of my own team Scrum collapses were the least of my fears JDR.

Great game rugby

And no Matt, I only had a couple. Bit of a lightweight birthday to be honest although I aim to make up for it next week with Smarties in t'Egypt

Last edited by derbyflan; Apr 9th 2007 at 2:55 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=derbyflan As soon as the scrum engaged he manouvered his arm and pushed the contents of his hand into my face and eyes.[/QUOTE]

It could have been worse...
He could have smeared the contents up the leg of your shorts