Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shall I go all camp? :)

Shall I go all camp? :)

Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:13 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Shall I go all camp? :)

Not literally mind you, but have been considering buying a nice size tent, with camp bed, inflatable bed etc and 'roughing it' as such.

Thanks to the lovely Lionda I may have somewhere to stay if I venture further down the coast to Benidorm but in the mean time I was thinking of camping out in Lloret demar or Blanes and saw some prices on the internet of between 4 and 8 euros a night!

Im not afraid of the dark or creepy crawlies and Id say I was at one with nature so this sounds really appealing to me! (I also have no materialistic hang ups, as in, I dont need to be seen as well off in a 5 star hotel, hehe) I think I was definitely a hippy in my previous life

Are there any pitfalls you guys know of? Anyone ever done it?

Thanks guys,

Keri x
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shall I go all camp? :)

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Not literally mind you, but have been considering buying a nice size tent, with camp bed, inflatable bed etc and 'roughing it' as such.

Thanks to the lovely Lionda I may have somewhere to stay if I venture further down the coast to Benidorm but in the mean time I was thinking of camping out in Lloret demar or Blanes and saw some prices on the internet of between 4 and 8 euros a night!

Im not afraid of the dark or creepy crawlies and Id say I was at one with nature so this sounds really appealing to me! (I also have no materialistic hang ups, as in, I dont need to be seen as well off in a 5 star hotel, hehe) I think I was definitely a hippy in my previous life

Thanks guys,

Keri x
At least you wont have to take a gas cooker their are plenty of ceramic hobs about hehe.
Last time i was camping in spain i spent six weeks in Tarifa loverly time loads of wind surfing etc. The funniest thing was going into a pharmacy for my girlfriend at the time who could not speak any Spanish but looked like a Spaniard and i had to get something for cystitis boy did i go red that day. the pharmacist handed me everything for women that could be used down their. i picked something and ran back to the campsite.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, its bloody uncomfortable

I'm guessing in the height of summer here its going to be very hot under canvas also.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:49 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeh, its bloody uncomfortable

I'm guessing in the height of summer here its going to be very hot under canvas also.
In that case I will

A) Get a very comfortable mattress

B) Sleep outside or buy 3 or 4 fans

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
At least you wont have to take a gas cooker their are plenty of ceramic hobs about hehe.
Last time i was camping in spain i spent six weeks in Tarifa loverly time loads of wind surfing etc. The funniest thing was going into a pharmacy for my girlfriend at the time who could not speak any Spanish but looked like a Spaniard and i had to get something for cystitis boy did i go red that day. the pharmacist handed me everything for women that could be used down their. i picked something and ran back to the campsite.

That is incredibly funny!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Shall I go all camp? :)

In that case I will

A) Get a very comfortable mattress

B) Sleep outside or buy 3 or 4 fans

Cheers!

That is incredibly funny!
Imagine lugging the huge batteries around that you will need for the fans though!!! Surely this would make you hotter and sweatier.

Rosemary
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:00 pm
I have a member

Hehe, good point! There are some that offer free electricity thoug, which would be great
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:17 pm

Hehe, good point! There are some that offer free electricity thoug, which would be great
Yeh thats kind of helpful we went camping last summer near perpingnan having elec on a camping trip was wonderful we are going again this year but we will be taking a mobile aircon unit to keep the baby happy and me
Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Keri x
I have one of these tents, absolutely brilliant and VERY discrete!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:02 pm
I have a member

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
For over £1,000 I would want it to be more than discreet, perhaps invisble and cook my breakfast in the morning, maybe wash up.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

For over £1,000 I would want it to be more than discreet, perhaps invisble and cook my breakfast in the morning, maybe wash up.
Look at the cooker, thats my next purchase, I borrow a mates at the moment and they turn it into a bloody sauna, not so important in Spain but heaven all the same.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

Keri x
We go to a place in Santa Pola (not far from Alicante)

There are a few people who live there all year round - elec is available, you can also hire fridges from them, plenty of shower/kitchen facilities a small shop, bar and a pool

I hadnt been camping at all until I came to Spain (bit of a baby on the bug front) but loved it and cant wait to go again in June this year
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt

Bloody hippies.... he will be buying one of these next.
Attached Thumbnails Shall I go all camp? :)-tipi.jpg  

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 9th 2007 at 6:07 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

For over £1000 I'd want central heating / air conditioning
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:27 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Keri nearly 20 years ago I has a fairly spontaneous camping holiday. Was bussing it along the coast from Malaga, very little money, got as far as a very cheap B&B in Cadiz then were working our way back via Zahara de los Atunes. Didn't have proper camping gear, but had thrown a small tent and sleeping bag in the suitcase for emergencies. We got a bus to Zahara and tramped down to the very smart campsite only to find it was full.. well it was August. The helpful woman suggested we pitchour tent discreetly a few hundred yards away on the beach. This we did and had a glorious week. We used the campsite shop to buy stuff for breakfast, then zipped our suitcases into the tent at night and sneaked into the campsite for showers and supper in the very nice restaurant that took plastic.
The biggest prob was shade in the middle of the day. The sleeping bag over the top of the tent helped. It was a glorious week, we were brown as berries, and will never forget the experience. Now all legit with a villa and a pool, we took a drive down there a few months ago, and it had changed very little. We were ,of course, some twenty years younger!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

this site could be useful

good evening campers - hi de hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.