stumau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Solar Power

Originally Posted by no lecee jon
Any One Know A Good Solar Power Firm Near Cadiz,
Or Got Solar Power,
Am Trying To RUN A 4 Bed Casa With Pool
Thanks
if you ring mister sol on 680214166 i am sure he can help. if you have problem
give me a e-mail by clicking my username.

Last edited by jdr; Apr 22nd 2007 at 11:50 am. Reason: Dont post email address`s, you will get spammed
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:05 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Try Grupo RCL, nr Ronda (Edwin) 656836777.
He is running a 2 house solar PV system plus wind turbines, generators (inc gas converted) etc and sells a good selection of all you need (panels, regulators, batteries, invertors, chargers etc etc) with everything up and running so that you can see it for yourself.
He's Dutch but speaks excellent English (of course!) and is very helpful, very enthusiastic and very honest. His prices are also the cheapest I've been able to find (and I've been looking for a looooong time!). Am buying my complete system from him (apart from the regulator which I've bought from the States much cheaper, with the exchange rate being what it is)) for DIY installation. He doesn't do installations (I don't think) but can put you in touch with installers if need be.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Or Got Solar Power,
Thanks
try Scot at http://www.energiass.com/ i think he now as an agent in the cadiz/chiclana area
cheers steve
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Solar Power

Or Got Solar Power,
Thanks
Hi All,

Just thought I might piggy back on this thread. When my villa is built I will have mains everything but would like to think that I have a care for the environment so think that in addition to the solar water heating (as required by the new regs) I ought to run the pool on solar.

I have found a couple of sites for solar pool heating but there is less info out there on solar PV for running the pump has anybody done it and is it easy DIY but linked with mains for back up?

Regards,

John.
</IMG>
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

Just thought I might piggy back on this thread. When my villa is built I will have mains everything but would like to think that I have a care for the environment so think that in addition to the solar water heating (as required by the new regs) I ought to run the pool on solar.

I have found a couple of sites for solar pool heating but there is less info out there on solar PV for running the pump has anybody done it and is it easy DIY but linked with mains for back up?

Regards,

John.
</IMG>
I think its a good idea new builds have to incorporate solar power of some sort now .
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

Hi John & kath

Our swimming pool currently runs on a combination of solar and generator.

We have both a solar pump and a normal electric pump.

The solar works very well in keeping the water moving and filtering, but our pool guy switches once a week to the generator and the electric pump to backwash.

The system for the pool, 2 solar panels and invertor and the pump cost around 4100 euros when bought in April 2006. Fitting cost about 300 euros but if you live on site it is easily done by yourself.

We have had the pool for about 2 years and the last 6-9 months are the best we have seen the pool. Of course our pool guy is very good at what he does.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flamingo
Hi John & kath

Our swimming pool currently runs on a combination of solar and generator.

We have both a solar pump and a normal electric pump.

The solar works very well in keeping the water moving and filtering, but our pool guy switches once a week to the generator and the electric pump to backwash.

The system for the pool, 2 solar panels and invertor and the pump cost around 4100 euros when bought in April 2006. Fitting cost about 300 euros but if you live on site it is easily done by yourself.

We have had the pool for about 2 years and the last 6-9 months are the best we have seen the pool. Of course our pool guy is very good at what he does.
There is a pump which works off Solar panels direct, no need for inverter and extra parts to go wrong, The idea is that you use your pool most when the sun is shining and thats when you need the filter most when your using your pool!!

Scot on the website above sells them, I think they are made by company called Lorenz
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a quote for solar power for heating the pool a year or so ago for around 2100 euros
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

flamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really niceflamingo is just really nice

Hi Solarwhizz

It was Scot that we got it from, altho he did not instal it.

There is a box between the panels and the pump on our system thought it was an invertor, maybe not.

Any how we are really pleased with it.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Solar Power

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
There is a pump which works off Solar panels direct, no need for inverter and extra parts to go wrong, The idea is that you use your pool most when the sun is shining and thats when you need the filter most when your using your pool!!

Scot on the website above sells them, I think they are made by company called Lorenz
Hi All,

Thanks for the info so far. From reading a couple of the posts the pump from the PV solar panel works direct from the dc current and therefore you would need a second ac pump if you wanted to have mains backup for back wash as suggested by flamingo or could you just run the pump of the mains via a battery charger.

Regards,

John.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi John & Kath

The reason for keeping the normal electric pump was initially in case we eventually got an electric supply, and we did not want it going astray, as it turns out the solar pump is not powerful enough to carry out the backwash exercise. Having said that our pool guy has said that on 2 or 3 occassions last summer it was able to do it.

Regards