Smartcall

Old May 22nd 2007, 4:53 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smartcall

Does anyone out there use Smartcall, the low cost telephone company? I can't get a dial up to the service and their website is showing 'page not found'.

I guess they've probably gone bust, but would like to know if anyone else has had problems.

Thanks

JJ
Old May 31st 2007, 10:40 am
Just Joined

paddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nice
Default Re: Smartcall

Originally Posted by jjh
Does anyone out there use Smartcall, the low cost telephone company? I can't get a dial up to the service and their website is showing 'page not found'.

I guess they've probably gone bust, but would like to know if anyone else has had problems.

Thanks

JJ
Yes I have tried emailing them only to get it bounced back and there's no way of getting through when you call their number in UK. The robot gives options but you don't get through. Trouble is they have my husband's CC number and there's quite a bit left on our balance. You?
Old May 31st 2007, 10:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen comments like this on a number of forums and can only assume that they are no more
Old May 31st 2007, 4:58 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyann
Yes I have tried emailing them only to get it bounced back and there's no way of getting through when you call their number in UK. The robot gives options but you don't get through. Trouble is they have my husband's CC number and there's quite a bit left on our balance. You?
Yes, they've got my credit card number too, so I will have to keep an eye on that. Also, I have money left on the account. :curse:

They phoned a friend of mine the week they disappeared and asked her if she wanted to add credit to her account. Thankfully she didn't but she still has an outstanding balance with them.

Would you post here if you hear anything, and so will I.

JJ
Old May 31st 2007, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

paddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nicepaddyann is just really nice

Yes I will - I have left a message on their UK phone number but do not expect a reply. I also had a call from them recently asking if we wanted to top up and thankfully I said no. I'm about to warn Himself to keep a weather eye open for any suspicious debits. We've obviously lost the balance of our account.
Old May 31st 2007, 7:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyann
Yes I will - I have left a message on their UK phone number but do not expect a reply. I also had a call from them recently asking if we wanted to top up and thankfully I said no. I'm about to warn Himself to keep a weather eye open for any suspicious debits. We've obviously lost the balance of our account.
Cant you inform the credit card company and tell them what has happened ?
Maybe they will refund your credit and keep a watch on your cards.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

eileen stone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjh

Thanks

JJ
Yes I have the same trouble and they have 125 euros of my money, and my credit card number. I have spoken with the bank but nthere is nothing they can do to stop Smartcall taking more money!
I also rang the UK and have had no reply, where do we go now?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:15 am
Just Joined

LaCalaChica is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad i've found this thread because i've been trying to get through to their phone line all week on behalf on my parents and just get an answer machine.
I use it too at home and still have credit left so when the girl phones me an asks do i want a top up, shall i say no? They have my and my fathers bank details already
I have also tryed a Spanish phone number they had but it sounds dead too.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:45 am
Just Joined

I doubt very much if they will call again but if they did I would definitely say no and when are they going to send back the balance on your father's account!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eileen stone
Yes I have the same trouble and they have 125 euros of my money, and my credit card number. I have spoken with the bank but nthere is nothing they can do to stop Smartcall taking more money!
I also rang the UK and have had no reply, where do we go now?
How about if they closed your card account and opened another ?