Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

skype is it really cheap ?

skype is it really cheap ?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: skype is it really cheap ?

Originally Posted by visualbyte
I would like to point out being an ex bt engineer that skype is Voip as voip means Voice over internet protocol
I have skype.....and a skype phone - use skype out to call....but after this thread downloaded internet calls and voipcheap.com...

When you say voice over the internet...does that mean i can't use my shype phone using these....

So embarrassed I am probably being really blonde

Tried ringing can hear the other person but can't speak....had to ring them on skype 2 let them know it was me....not a crank caller
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I still prefer Skype. It works every time, Skype Out is reasonably priced and, most important of all, I can use it without my computer being switched on.
Can you ???? How .....that'd be great as I turn the pc off as it's too noisy of an evening ...as we have the PC plugged into the TV.

Can you tell me how to do this as is says Voip users not connected...or something like that....
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:49 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

have a look on amazon cheapest place to buy them but you can get pc free skype phones no pc needed and there are a couple of wifi one that will even work in mikky dees and on any cloud wifi network avalible in most European airports and malls like corte englais if you want i can post the links to the poducts
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:55 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Compo...5017804&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-SPH1...5017804&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DUALphone-30...5017804&sr=8-9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-VOIP...017804&sr=8-11

first two reqire wifi router but work anywhere where there is a wifi network lots of unsecure network around

second two only work at home but are relible products

need any more advice let me know i used to be in charge of bt`s internet backbone and i love tech stuff my wife hates it but i waste a lot of money.

but its fun
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Compo...5017804&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-SPH1...5017804&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DUALphone-30...5017804&sr=8-9

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-VOIP...017804&sr=8-11

first two reqire wifi router but work anywhere where there is a wifi network lots of unsecure network around

second two only work at home but are relible products

need any more advice let me know i used to be in charge of bt`s internet backbone and i love tech stuff my wife hates it but i waste a lot of money.

but its fun

Aw thanks ever so much you're a sweetie....I'm sooo not techy, Mr E's in IT but when it comes to home it's "wait!!!"....tut tut tut....

Cheers will look into that when kids have finally succumbed to sleep
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie

Aw thanks ever so much you're a sweetie....I'm sooo not techy, Mr E's in IT but when it comes to home it's "wait!!!"....tut tut tut....

Cheers will look into that when kids have finally succumbed to sleep
i wish they would go to sleep but one of thems five weeks old
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

i wish they would go to sleep but one of thems five weeks old
Aaaaaaaawww bless ! Congratulations to you and your OH .....hope for your sanity it's baby no. 2

I still go all clucky over babies, I get all butterflies in my stomach but would DIE if I had demon no. 3....

Girl or boy ??????

I love kids.......even tho they torture our minds

xxxxx
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Can you ???? How .....that'd be great as I turn the pc off as it's too noisy of an evening ...as we have the PC plugged into the TV.

Can you tell me how to do this as is says Voip users not connected...or something like that....
I have one of these:

http://dualphone.net/DUALphone_3088_for_Skype-789.aspx

It plugs directly into a router LAN port but can only be used with Skype. It does not work with other VOIP networks.

It also works as a normal cordless PSTN phone.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:12 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

yes, but , can i use my skype phone with voipbuster pro ???? do i really need to buy a head set?? thanks,pat
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

well been using voipcheap for a week or so now

very pleased with it - made loads of free calls with good connection and sound (no echo at all)

also been using it for text messaging - much cheaper than with my mobile 5c each as opposed to 50c

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:55 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spain
well been using voipcheap for a week or so now

very pleased with it - made loads of free calls with good connection and sound (no echo at all)

also been using it for text messaging - much cheaper than with my mobile 5c each as opposed to 50c

been using it for 6 months good isnt it ? Can talk for hours and it cost nothing.