Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

skype is it really cheap ?

skype is it really cheap ?

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: skype is it really cheap ?

Don't put your telephone number in the 'direct callback' box. You have to pay for that service that's why it says you have no credit.

Just put the telephone number you are calling in the box to the left of the green telephone.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Don't put your telephone number in the 'direct callback' box. You have to pay for that service that's why it says you have no credit.

Just put the telephone number you are calling in the box to the left of the green telephone.
great thanks - just tried it and it worked fine

cant believe that the calls are free - is there no catch at all ?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

ok another question

if you click on "direct call" ( leave your phone number blank) put in the number you want to dial

you make the call through your phone (rather than the pc) is there a charge for that ?

sorry new to all this and just "playing around" with it

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If you don't put a telephone number in direct call you have to use the PC. I'm not quite sure what you mean!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

another question - sorry

I have made a few calls fine and crystal clear line

I havent purchased any credit as yet

when the call gets to 5 mins it cuts off (this has happened a few times )

do I have to buy credit so that it doesnt do that ?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

When I first used Voipstunt I could talk for some time then it was gradually reduced. Now I get the same 5 minute limit.

I also have an account with Voipcheap to which I uploaded some credit but I never did get any free calls and no response to my questions so I won't uploading any more credit when it expires.

I still prefer Skype. It works every time, Skype Out is reasonably priced and, most important of all, I can use it without my computer being switched on.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

When I first used Voipstunt I could talk for some time then it was gradually reduced. Now I get the same 5 minute limit.

I also have an account with Voipcheap to which I uploaded some credit but I never did get any free calls and no response to my questions so I won't uploading any more credit when it expires.

I still prefer Skype. It works every time, Skype Out is reasonably priced and, most important of all, I can use it without my computer being switched on.
We are looking into how to gain cheaper calls to UK. Could you explain what SkypeOut is please as we are quite ignorant of much of the technology around phones.

Rosemary
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

This explains Skype Out:

http://support.skype.com/index.php?_..._j=subcat&_i=5

And here are the rates:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/product...all_rates.html
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:10 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: skype is it really cheap ?

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:56 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Hey guys, this whole thread was REALLY helpful for me, I wonder if the mods could make it a sticky?

Thanks guys x
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Hey guys, this whole thread was REALLY helpful for me, I wonder if the mods could make it a sticky?

Thanks guys x
There are loads of usefull threads on here, if I made them all stickies the new threads would start on page 20. ;-)
Just type Skype into the search and two pages of threads mentioning it will show.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:14 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Haha, good point, and thanks
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Haha, good point, and thanks
VoipStunt is Free??!! IE pay 10€ credit for 120 days free usage,

However if you are not a great phone user, this isnt cheap, for example if you only make say three international calls per week for 5 mins, that would cost you 10€ for 257mins of calls, IE 3.8 cents per minute. You could get a cheaper system, but if you use it each day for 1 hour that then works out 120 hours of calls for 10€. VOIPSTUNT, is the only system so far that i have found that allows this, which is really a good deal, most other companies either charge for connection then free, or have a very low permin rate for landline calls, IE SKYPE. SKYPE has many more features, IE video calling etc.
I have been using VOIPStunt and find it to be great value. I find the direct callback feature the best as the quality of call is nearly always very very good, without the usually echo and reverb you get when using PC direct.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:14 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

hi, have read all your replies and although I have skype I downloaded voip and put some money on it,well, tried to make a call and nobody can hear me, it sounds as though the sound is coming out of my pc and not my skype telephone?? bit odd er...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:17 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to point out being an ex bt engineer that skype is Voip as voip means Voice over internet protocol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.