Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Originally Posted by Richie1892
lol...No, Newcastle United, a decent season to build your hopes up then knock them down the season after, it's the way forwards it seems
Could be worse if you were a Mackem
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:17 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic please.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Really?

Are you so computer illiterate that you can't type www.filmon.com and select UK TV and then select BBC 1?

It's really that simple. If you can't do that I'm amazed you can manage to post on this forum.
Not me, if you read my earlier posts it is my neighbour who is completely computer illiterate that I was talking about. Obviously I am not!!
So for her it is a really big problem.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:45 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Not me, if you read my earlier posts it is my neighbour who is completely computer illiterate that I was talking about. Obviously I am not!!
So for her it is a really big problem.
Sorry it's been a long thread - I missed that.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Sorry it's been a long thread - I missed that.
Okay you are forgiven. Some people will never use a computer from pure doggedness. My cousin is the same. It´s the "I wouldn´t have one if you paid me" attitude. Mind you she also refuses to have an answerphone because a burglar will phone up and see that you are not at home if the answerphone comes on. I have tried to explain how for me it is now easier to keep in touch from Spain with people via email/IM etc but she won´t budge.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:20 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Okay you are forgiven. Some people will never use a computer from pure doggedness. My cousin is the same. It´s the "I wouldn´t have one if you paid me" attitude. Mind you she also refuses to have an answerphone because a burglar will phone up and see that you are not at home if the answerphone comes on. I have tried to explain how for me it is now easier to keep in touch from Spain with people via email/IM etc but she won´t budge.
have a few of those as well
my sister leaves all her banking to her husband
as she hasnt an email, doesnt know if she has a mobile or what its number is I fone the home fone - when I know hubby is sleeping after being on night haulage.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:14 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

SES We'd like to respond to your questions relating to the current channel shifts at 28.2 degrees East and the footprint of ASTRA 2F. The UK channels are currently shifted from ASTRA 2B and ASTRA 1N to ASTRA 2F which has been launched recently and is operational now. ASTRA 2F is part of our fleet replacement programme at 28.2 degrees East. The channel transfer is ongoing and will have no implications for viewers in the UK since the TV programs shifted to ASTRA 2F operate on the same frequencies and are broadcast for the UK. TV viewers outside the UK, however, may see an impact as they might no longer be able to receive the channels due to their transfer to a beam with a smaller footprint. This footprint meets the requirements of our customers, the broadcasters, who focus their program distribution on the UK where they have the programme rights.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:20 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
SES We'd like to respond to your questions relating to the current channel shifts at 28.2 degrees East and the footprint of ASTRA 2F. The UK channels are currently shifted from ASTRA 2B and ASTRA 1N to ASTRA 2F which has been launched recently and is operational now. << BIG SNIP>>> rights.
Thanks for that, however there is nothing new there to what was already known.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:29 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

"SES expects Astra 2E to launch in Q2 2013, so we currently expect to transition BBC services to it during summer 2013." - say the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...onders-in-2013

So no BBC channel or reception changes until then - so much for all the rumours about loss of BBC on the 16th and 18th December!!

Last edited by The Guy; Dec 12th 2012 at 5:22 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

jackteet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Sky TV/ Satellite changes

Hi, first of all I must apologies for my complete lack of knowledge of the internet which will become aparent from my questions. Like all of you I am concerned at the likely loss of uk tv channels. I think our community will not allow a 2.5 mtr dish and iptv does seem expensive.
Many of you have Sky packages for which you pay a monthly sub. To obtain sky will I need a uk ip and pay a VPN service to obtain one. Is the Sky tv signal delivered to a computer or to a set top box via a computer. I have a fast laptop and Movistar wifi modem.[ whatever all that means ]
Is there a very patient person who will kindly explain in idiots language the best and easiest way to get uk tv assuming we can`t pick up the satelite signal. Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackteet
]
Is there a very patient person who will kindly explain in idiots language the best and easiest way to get uk tv assuming we can`t pick up the satelite signal. Thanks.
Type www.filmon.com into your computer/Laptop and then select UK TV, you can then watch UK free to air TV on your computer for no charge, premium and HD channels have to be paid for though.

You can also buy a HDMI cable that will fit into your computer at one end and into your TV at the other, you will then be able to watch UK TV on your television screen.

It really is that simple!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Type www.filmon.com into your computer/Laptop and then select UK TV, you can then watch UK free to air TV on your computer for no charge, premium and HD channels have to be paid for though.

You can also buy a HDMI cable that will fit into your computer at one end and into your TV at the other, you will then be able to watch UK TV on your television screen.

It really is that simple!
Is there an equivalent service for Spanish TV which I can't get because I'm in a dip? (well the house is)
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Is there an equivalent service for Spanish TV which I can't get because I'm in a dip? (well the house is)
the main channels certainly have an online & on demand option on their websites

here's T5 http://www.telecinco.es/endirecto/
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:13 am

Many of you have Sky packages for which you pay a monthly sub. To obtain sky will I need a uk ip and pay a VPN service to obtain one. Is the Sky tv signal delivered to a computer or to a set top box via a computer.
Sky TV is primarily delivered to your TV via a satellite dish, sky box, and sky card.

You WILL NOT lose ALL Sky TV signals and channels, as some of these will be on a "european" beam, meaning expat friendly reception.

If you want Sky TV on your PC, then you will need to subscribe to a VPN, and the Sky Go services, which offers a selection of Sky tv channels online.

I think our community will not allow a 2.5 mtr
If there are enough of you who vote for it, then one dish can be used for the community.
People said this of big dishes before, but they have been installed in many communities.

IF your lose the "main" uk tv channels (bbc itv c4s fives), as your dish is too small toreceive them, then you have the option for a larger dish, or, as megmet says, find an internet site to stream the channels to your PC or TV.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

If it comes to it and we have to go the internet route say filmon via the internet it means that our Sky plus will be a complete waste of time, won´t it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.