Sky tv

Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

cerrillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sky tv

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
There has been a lot of problems with Sky lately, mostly centred around the Pace 440N digibox, which around 6 weeks ago seemed to have problems seperating out Channels 4/5 from other channels, It is assumed this is due to variation in signal strength and some of the Pace 440N having a tuner that is not as good as in previous versions. This problem has not affected the DS430, or Thomson boxes.

Some of the problems above seem strange to me, IE losing ITV in the late evening, there has been no problem as far as I am aware and this is probably due to poor dish setup or slight misalignment of LNB or Dish. (NB must stress this is dependent on dish size and the area you live in)

If you lose ITV have you tried going onto the Channel isles and seeing if this improves reception,
If you lose Ch5 ( IE no sat signal received) try using the add channels feature and putting in the following frequency, 12421, and change polarity to H, then find channels, select 7505, and that should cure this problem. once you have selected the channels you want they will be available normally by pressing the services button, then select other channels and then select the channel you want to watch.
If you have lost CH4 and CH 5, and you have a banner saying wrong card or something similar this means your signal is Ok, but your card for some reason has not been activated (May be old card), leave in Correct slot overnite with box on Standby or switched on, should activate if the card is the correct one.

Sky movie channels are a nightmare on the CB on a 1.9M dish, but good alignment and correct Focal distance of LNB will usually improve this situ.

For set up instructions of Channels Isles go to http://www.solar-sky.com/tech.php
Hi solarwhizz, thats brilliant info now have channel 5, what frequency polarity and numbers do I put in to now get channel 4? I used to get channel 4 ok but for some reason lately cant get it - says technical fault with this channel try later

hope you can help
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

On 20th August CH4 +1 will be available on EPG135. It may be easier to receive. It is testing at 12480V 27.5 2/3 12020 to 12025 (REGIONAL VARIATIONS)
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

sunlover27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jdr
Switch the box off und unplug it for about five mins, then put it back on , it should reset itself.
tried that JDR, didn't make any difference
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:52 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

i found this forum and decided to join to offer advice and clear up some misconceptions.

sunlover: contact your installer. i have recieved a number of calls from people whos cards have gone off in the past two weeks. It looks like a problem not with Sky, but the dealer who is supplying the cards to certain installers, especially where the clients are using the dealers UK address for a card and not their own address. or find another local installer and supply them with your own UK address for the card.

c4 and movies : these channels are located on the same satellite and the same beam...which has been on low power since around january. I have no idea if / when this will be sorted out, but Astra (who own the satellites) are doing a shuffle of satellites at the moment moving a satellite to the Sky satellite constelation (ITV interactive services have already booked space on this satelite ready for the Rugby World Cup)

C4+1 : is also in this satellite and beam so no real improvement.

Five: As mentioned there is a stronger Five available via Add Channels, 12422 H 27500, 2/3 - Five. Five US and Five Life are also on this frequency which will answer the fact that you can loose Five on 105 but still keep Five US and Life.

Channel numbers: Each your Sky update the channel numbers to remove slack and clear space for future channels. When a new channel opens they are allocated to number, one for the main channel and on for a "+1" service. After some months these channels with no "+1" service loose this second number. See Five US on 180 and Five Life on 182 - Five US+1 will be on 181 and Five Life+1 will be on 183.

E4: the main E4 is on the same beam as BBC and ITV and can go off during the evening. You can add E4 (Ireland) which is much stronger using add channels on 11565 V 27500 2/3

And as solarwhizz mentioned BBC and ITV are totally dependant on where you live....as we all know....

hope this managed to help and clear up a few things.....
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Just as a 'for your information'. I decided to cancel my Sky card and just have the freeview card.

I gave the card back to the dealer (big name on Costa del Sol) but I'm still paying for the service via my credit card. The credit card company won't do anything.

This may sort itself out but let it be a warning....!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by culchie
Just as a 'for your information'. I decided to cancel my Sky card and just have the freeview card.

I gave the card back to the dealer (big name on Costa del Sol) but I'm still paying for the service via my credit card. The credit card company won't do anything.

This may sort itself out but let it be a warning....!!
Yep this is always a problem using a credit card, you basically can lose control in certain circumstance, hence the reason we always advise a UK bank account, I found the only way to stop a credit card taking payments in this way is to write to them cancelling the card for the reason that they keep taking payments on a contract which you have cancelled, They will then investigate and sort it out (well thats my experience but who knows).
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Yep this is always a problem using a credit card, you basically can lose control in certain circumstance, hence the reason we always advise a UK bank account, I found the only way to stop a credit card taking payments in this way is to write to them cancelling the card for the reason that they keep taking payments on a contract which you have cancelled, They will then investigate and sort it out (well thats my experience but who knows).
Yeah just tell them you are cancelling the card, they will soon sort it then, Or tell them someone has cloned your card and paying sky with it, they will stop it and give you a new number. ;-))
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
There are a lot of adult channels but you have to have a look in the freeview period ..... so I'm told .... err .....DOH!
รง
The freeview period is only for 10 minutes though.......... some people say that's long enough
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
i found this forum and decided to join to offer advice and clear up some misconceptions.

sunlover: contact your installer. i have recieved a number of calls from people whos cards have gone off in the past two weeks. It looks like a problem not with Sky, but the dealer who is supplying the cards to certain installers, especially where the clients are using the dealers UK address for a card and not their own address. or find another local installer and supply them with your own UK address for the card.

c4 and movies : these channels are located on the same satellite and the same beam...which has been on low power since around january. I have no idea if / when this will be sorted out, but Astra (who own the satellites) are doing a shuffle of satellites at the moment moving a satellite to the Sky satellite constelation (ITV interactive services have already booked space on this satelite ready for the Rugby World Cup)

C4+1 : is also in this satellite and beam so no real improvement.

Five: As mentioned there is a stronger Five available via Add Channels, 12422 H 27500, 2/3 - Five. Five US and Five Life are also on this frequency which will answer the fact that you can loose Five on 105 but still keep Five US and Life.

Channel numbers: Each your Sky update the channel numbers to remove slack and clear space for future channels. When a new channel opens they are allocated to number, one for the main channel and on for a "+1" service. After some months these channels with no "+1" service loose this second number. See Five US on 180 and Five Life on 182 - Five US+1 will be on 181 and Five Life+1 will be on 183.

E4: the main E4 is on the same beam as BBC and ITV and can go off during the evening. You can add E4 (Ireland) which is much stronger using add channels on 11565 V 27500 2/3

And as solarwhizz mentioned BBC and ITV are totally dependant on where you live....as we all know....

hope this managed to help and clear up a few things.....
Hi again, I did contact them, several times, all they say is I have to wait for a new card to be issued, but they can't tell me when that will be. Am tempted to tell them where to go, and find a new one, but then I would be out of pocket as payed uptill dec
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Well I rang them again today, they are now going to give me a full refund. They still aren't able to get me a card. Seems the problem as come about because of Richard Bransons row with Sky, he apparently complained to sky about the use in Spain, as a result its all being investigated and none of the dealers can now get cards. This I verified by ringing other dealers and they told me the same story. Watch this space
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunlover27
Well I rang them again today, they are now going to give me a full refund. They still aren't able to get me a card. Seems the problem as come about because of Richard Bransons row with Sky, he apparently complained to sky about the use in Spain, as a result its all being investigated and none of the dealers can now get cards. This I verified by ringing other dealers and they told me the same story. Watch this space
I am sure they knew before Branson said anything.... lol
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure your right JDR, when I cancelled my subscription in the UK before moving out, the person I spoke to told me I could get it in Spain, illegally of course
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

crawfore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunsoka
Hi Try www.pksatellite.com for channel 5 they have the latest frequency on there as it all changed this weekend.
you can join the mailing list just by emailing them and they send you any changes they know about.
we got free sports last month because they told us it was on.
thay also sell good viewing cards that up to now haven'y been switched off
Hi
Here are the latest frequencies for Channel 5. We lost the previous test signel at the weekend but this new one is working as of now.

10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6
7505______Channel five

I got this at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=681789
Emma
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks its getting to decision time!
I have had a standard sky box and subscribe to premier in uk but will soon be coming over to the sun.
I have a HD ready tv and am trying to decide whether or not to go and get myself the HD box here now and simply bring it over to Spain, keeping the subscription going over here but using it in Spain.
Can anyone advise if its the way to go or is there a better option over there?
Any help would be very much appreciated.
If I take on the HD service as an existing long standing customer will I need to be connected to a phone line for a period or not?
My current system is not connected to any phone line in the UK.
cheers,

Jeffers
Old Nov 10th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Well after months of not having or being able to get I now have a sky card Had to order it via a friends address in the uk as that is the only way at the moment to get one out here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.