Sky in Spain

Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:27 am
Just Joined

doroty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky in Spain

Can I have some advice how to watch all Sky+ HD channels in Spain.Can I use my multi-room Sky+ card and watch all of the subscription plan channels from UK ?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 11:35 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sky in Spain

Originally Posted by doroty
Can I have some advice how to watch all Sky+ HD channels in Spain.Can I use my multi-room Sky+ card and watch all of the subscription plan channels from UK ?
You certainly can, And welcome to the forum. I will move the thread to where the man that knows is in the Spain Section.
Mitzyboy and Fred James are the Moderators over there if you get any issues give them a shout.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Apr 27th 2011 at 11:51 am.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:18 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

there are a lot of threads here about getting sky.
Maybe do a search first. if there is not a posting which specifically answers your question then the few posters, who are experts on this subject, will respond to specifics/tech side.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
there are a lot of threads here about getting sky.
Maybe do a search first. if there is not a posting which specifically answers your question then the few posters, who are experts on this subject, will respond to specifics/tech side.
Ok Thanks,I will try to find the answer of my question.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No you cant use multi room as you have to be plugged to a phone line

Bring your existing SKY account with you, paying it by UK direct debit from your bank there

Your HD box will work here, you will just need a bigger dish.

Dont tell SKY you have moved abroad ... they will cut you off
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No you cant use multi room as you have to be plugged to a phone line

Bring your existing SKY account with you, paying it by UK direct debit from your bank there

Your HD box will work here, you will just need a bigger dish.

Dont tell SKY you have moved abroad ... they will cut you off
What I did is:I brought Sky box Thomson in Spain and the Multi room card,everything is fine,only the problem is I am not able to watch all channels which I am subscribed in UK,the screen show "wrong card for this sat.box".
In fact my subscription is more then a year I don't need phone line connection.As you mention is risky to call Sky from Spain..? Maybe I should try to swap the the viewing cards?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

To get the cheap Multiroom subscription you MUST be plugged into the same telephone line as the main box. The one year rule only applies to the normal subsided boxes which you are free to use without a phone connection after a year.

From what I have read, Sky aren't too bothered about the phone connection unless it is multiroom.

I am sure The Guy will be along soon to explain this.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
To get the cheap Multiroom subscription you MUST be plugged into the same telephone line as the main box. The one year rule only applies to the normal subsided boxes which you are free to use without a phone connection after a year.

From what I have read, Sky aren't too bothered about the phone connection unless it is multiroom.

I am sure The Guy will be along soon to explain this.
Yes,the question is how to watch all channels in Spain with already purchaced multi room subscription.At the moment Uk box is Amstrad and my subscription package is for Sky+HD stations.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,the question is how to watch all channels in Spain with already purchaced multi room subscription.At the moment Uk box is Amstrad and my subscription package is for Sky+HD stations.
so the 'multiroom' element works?

you can actually watch different channels in different rooms at the same time?

you just don't get all the channels you expected?
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
so the 'multiroom' element works?

you can actually watch different channels in different rooms at the same time?

you just don't get all the channels you expected?
I have one TV in Spain and would like to watch the same programs as it is in UK home.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Multiroom requires a Sky box in each room each with feeds from the dish and each with a card.

All the Multiroom feature is, is a reduced subscription on the second card. I think it is £10.25. If it is HD then I think it is another £10.25.

It can be a very big saving if you have a full Sky subscription with all the premium channels - thats why Sky insist on being able to check that you haven't given the second box/cheap sub to someone else or moved it to Spain!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We did the same when we moved here. The multiroom may well work, but shortly you get a letter from SKY at your UK address asking you to plug it in to the telephone line. If you dont do it, then they double your fee, i.e. if you are paying £49, it will double until you plug your phone line.

This isn't conjecture by the way ... this is actually what happened until I cancelled my multiroom (because of course I couldnt plug it into a UK phone line
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sky in Spain

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We did the same when we moved here. The multiroom may well work, but shortly you get a letter from SKY at your UK address asking you to plug it in to the telephone line. If you dont do it, then they double your fee, i.e. if you are paying £49, it will double until you plug your phone line.

This isn't conjecture by the way ... this is actually what happened until I cancelled my multiroom (because of course I couldnt plug it into a UK for his multioom sub phone line
I think I have sussed his problem he has a box in UK for his mulitroom sub and has bought a box for use over here in Spain and then he brings his card from home and puts it in the box here. It must be acting like a freesat from Sky card and gives just the minimum channels and a message on the others to say that the card is not paired to the box in Spain.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:20 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I think I have sussed his problem he has a box in UK for his mulitroom sub and has bought a box for use over here in Spain and then he brings his card from home and puts it in the box here. It must be acting like a freesat from Sky card and gives just the minimum channels and a message on the others to say that the card is not paired to the box in Spain.
Dont you get two cards with multi room?
This is the whole reason why SKY do this ... to stop people from using a box in two locations, or to rent it to the neiugbour at a knock down price
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:33 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

What I did is:I brought Sky box Thomson in Spain and the Multi room card,everything is fine,only the problem is I am not able to watch all channels which I am subscribed in UK,the screen show "wrong card for this sat.box".
In fact my subscription is more then a year I don't need phone line connection.As you mention is risky to call Sky from Spain..? Maybe I should try to swap the the viewing cards?

Wrong card for this set top box on Sky Sports or Sky Movies channels: these chanenls are only available to watch on the box that te card has been paired to or activated by Sky in. Idf you wawnt to watch these channesl then you must either use the cards "home" box, or contact sky and get them to repair the card to your new box.

wrong card for this box on ALL sky pay TV channels: the card hsa "gone to sleep", as it has been not getting a signal for about 4 weeks, so its "entitlements" have not updated. leave in a box for a few hours / days / weeks, and the channels will pop back in one by one,

phonelines: for new sky TV installations in the UK then you are contracted to have your box connected to the phone line for 12 months.
for multiroom contracts ALL boxes on the contract are contraced to be connected to the UK phone line..irrespective of if you have had the box for over 1 months...
some multiroom users have gotton away with it, but the general scenario is that after 3 months of not getting a callback from all the related cards and boxes, a letter is sent saying please ensure all boxes on the multiroom agreenemt are connected to the phone line.
If youu dont then your discounted £10 per month card wil be charged at the correct subscription rate. Worst case is they cut the card off.
hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.