Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky signal gone

Sky signal gone

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:00 am
Just Joined

jimadept is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky signal gone

Hi, my signal from Astra disappeared yesterday. The dish is still firmly in place and none of the cables have come loose, so I thought before I call the fitter I'd better check here first to see if it is an Astra / Sky problem or a problem with my equipment.

The decoder is working ok, it's just showing a blue screen for each channel stating that there is a technical problem with the channel. The Signal strength page is not showing any signal.

cheers, Jim in Cantabria
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sky signal gone

Originally Posted by jimadept
Hi, my signal from Astra disappeared yesterday. The dish is still firmly in place and none of the cables have come loose, so I thought before I call the fitter I'd better check here first to see if it is an Astra / Sky problem or a problem with my equipment.

The decoder is working ok, it's just showing a blue screen for each channel stating that there is a technical problem with the channel. The Signal strength page is not showing any signal.

cheers, Jim in Cantabria
Hello Jim,
First and foremost I am getting Sky tv as Normal and I live inland, now try this solution first before calling out an engineer.

Select "Services" then press in quick sussection 401 and "select" you should see "default transponder" 11.155 or some such numbers! select "Default Transponder" then type in 12.129 and "select" then scroll down and "Save new settings" it will then go back to the page "Default Transponder" then press back up about four times and waite for the decoder to kick in it could take up to 4 mins then you should get your sky back.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Jim,
First and foremost I am getting Sky tv as Normal and I live inland, now try this solution first before calling out an engineer.

Select "Services" then press in quick sussection 401 and "select" you should see "default transponder" 11.155 or some such numbers! select "Default Transponder" then type in 12.129 and "select" then scroll down and "Save new settings" it will then go back to the page "Default Transponder" then press back up about four times and waite for the decoder to kick in it could take up to 4 mins then you should get your sky back.

Hope this helps.
I just tried this, waited 10 minutes and it's not back yet. Thanks anyway. Should I change the default transponder back to its original settings (11.178 - at least I think it was... gulp)?

Jim
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimadept
I just tried this, waited 10 minutes and it's not back yet. Thanks anyway. Should I change the default transponder back to its original settings (11.178 - at least I think it was... gulp)?

Jim
I went to reset the transponder and suddenly the background music started up. I pressed Backup and there was my picture again. 15 minute wait rather than 4, but apart from that perfect instructions, thanks countryboy!

Jim
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

I am just glad I could be of assistance to you and glad that you have your eyes and ears on the world's events again.