Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky Set top box for S/Spain

Sky Set top box for S/Spain

Old Apr 13th 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Maurice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Set top box for S/Spain

Can anyone recommend a good make of Sky box for S/Spain, my good old Grundig as finally given up.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:26 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Set top box for S/Spain

SD, Sky+, Sky HD or Sky+HD.
New or old?

Basic Sky - Pace 2600 or 430...but bear in mind these have not been made for several years so those you do find may well also be on their last legs.

Sky+ and Sky+HD have built in hard drive for recording (only available with a sky subscription)

Sky+ boxes have not been made for a few years now - Pace 3100 had the most sensitive tuner inside, but came with a small hard drive, although this is easily upgradable.

Sky HD or Sky+HD - probably the best is the latest Sky / Amstrad DRX890 or DRX595. Sky HD and Sky+HD are the only Sky boxes being made these days.

Remember if you use a Sky card, and have sports and or movies, then you will need to contac sky and get your card paired to the new box.

If you dont have a Sky card, then look at other makes / model, like Freesat, Freesat HD, or Freesat HD+...Humax and the new Technisats are good.

Other non Sky or non freesat boxes are also available, may have USB recording functionality, but will lack the 7 day programem guide, having instead just now and next information.

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 13th 2012 at 9:29 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

i bought a new freesat box from a guy in fuengirola for 50 euros,as my grundig also packed up after about 10 years,he also sells reconditioned sky boxes for 40 euros,he might have hd stuff as well,i dont know,he goes to the car boot sale at the racecourse on sundays,called brian,pm me if you want his number

i have nothing to do with this guy,just got let down buy 2 other people selling boxes,one wanted 80 for recon,250 for hd,other one promised to deliver a box for 65,texted me they couldnt make it on arranged day, and the price was now 75,eff off came to mind
Old Apr 14th 2012, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in The Guys area he is the one to use.
He has done a few jobs for me, is reliable and reasonable. On one of the jobs he quoted me a price over the phone but when he turned up it was much simpler than he expected and reduced the price he quoted by a considerable amount.
Not many would do that after giving a quote.