SKY cards!

Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default SKY cards!

I went onto the discovery channel yesterday and seen a message that there is now £1 more to pay on the monthly subscription and that the discovery channel cannot now be received without this payment, it also appears on the history channel and some others I flicked through.

I contacted the people who installed the system a couple of years back and they tell me that I need to have a new card which will probably cost quite a lot to get from the companies in the UK that supply these, they say have refused to get involved in this but will see if they can help me get the card without paying this extra change... they do not hold much hope, they suggest I get the bank to cancel the direct debit to SKY and try to get a card from the UK myself. What are the rest of you SKY users in Spain doing to get your new cards.... paying the £100 charge or do you have other arrangements?

Cheers

Last edited by Econ; Mar 5th 2009 at 1:58 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:29 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKY cards!

if you got your sky card via an agent and using the agents uk address then the agents have been putting the cards down to one package - so that you call your installer and stump up 100 - 150 euros A YEAR for the use of the agents UK address. there has been little or no notifiaction about this happening to cleints - especially from installers who should have heard about this happening around october last year - thats when i started to know about it!

you may find you have 1 package only - something like the music package only - which is what one agent does when they require payment.

you should not need a new card - just need to pay the yearly fee to the agent - who the installer should know unless they are totally inept! - and make sure the funds are in your bank account each year for the agent to collect - and upon the first payment your all of sky channels should be back.

if you do not want to pay the yearly fee there are two options:

1) cancel the DD and get a new card from your installers who should be able to set it up using your UK address...and they should be able to get the card activated for you - all for a one off fee of about 100 - 150 euros.

2) cancel you DD and order a new card using your OWN UK ADDRESS - obviously getting a freind or family member in the UK to order it for you - and dont forget that they will also have to contact sky to get the card activated.

i always say to my cleints to use their own UK address and supply them with all of the sky accound details "just in case i get hit by a bus!"

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 5th 2009 at 2:34 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
you may find you have 1 package only - something like the music package only - which is what one agent does when they require payment.
Yes, I just have entertainment 6 pack.

you should not need a new card - just need to pay the yearly fee to the agent - who the installer should know unless they are totally inept! - and make sure the funds are in your bank account each year for the agent to collect - and upon the first payment your all of sky channels should be back.
Yes this is what the installer said is a bit of a rip off. SKY are charging me, at least they took the last payment but obviously the problem is not having the new card.

if you do not want to pay the yearly fee there are two options:

1) cancel the DD and get a new card from your installers who should be able to set it up using your UK address...and they should be able to get the card activated for you - all for a one off fee of about 100 - 150 euros.

2) cancel you DD and order a new card using your OWN UK ADDRESS - obviously getting a freind or family member in the UK to order it for you - and dont forget that they will also have to contact sky to get the card activated.

i always say to my cleints to use their own UK address and supply them with all of the sky accound details "just in case i get hit by a bus!"
It was option 2 I did many years ago.... then when I decided to get SKY back in I just left it to the installer... I should have done it the way I did the first time around and as you suggest in (2).

Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:51 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Econ
Yes, I just have entertainment 6 pack.
the sky packs are broken into 6 "mixes"...entertainment, music, news and events, lifestyle, documenataries and kids.
you may have had all six but now you may find you only have one...normally this has been the music channels only - MTV VH1 etc.

if you let this card run you will see that your next sky payment will be much lower...as you pay 1 month in advance for it...and you will see that it is for £17 per month or what ever it is with VAT reduction (16.99??lol)

then when I decided to get SKY back in I just left it to the installer.
this is what many people did and many also gave their installers a UK address but the installers "chose" not to use it.

you could always ask your installers to pass you uk address to their agent and get them to change it over and reinstate the 6 mixes...obviously they will charge a fee for doing so but it will mean that you get your viewing back ASAP, saves having to cancel DD's get new cards activate etc...but get it in writing from the installers..including any sky passwords DOBs mothers maiden names etc that you will need should you need to get access to the sky account.

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 5th 2009 at 2:54 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will wait until tomorrow and see what the installers come back to me with but I think the best way is to maybe just get my niece in the UK to call them and try and sort it out using the UK address and keeping the old contract.

Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:14 pm

I will wait until tomorrow and see what the installers come back to me with but I think the best way is to maybe just get my niece in the UK to call them and try and sort it out using the UK address and keeping the old contract.

Thanks
if you try to sort out the sky account on your existing card then you will need to know the uk address that the card is registered at, and / or the account password, and or the mothers maiden names on the account and or the DOB on the account...remember the agent wil have set all of this up with their details...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

if you try to sort out the sky account on your existing card then you will need to know the uk address that the card is registered at, and / or the account password, and or the mothers maiden names on the account and or the DOB on the account...remember the agent wil have set all of this up with their details...
OK, I set up an account and tried to enter my card details that way thinking they might allow me to progress a little that way but the web page just didn't want to know, thanks.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:52 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

web page ? com again and your in spain?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jurdyr
web page ? com again and your in spain?
Yes, we get them in Spain also

Actually I don't know what you mean, I mean... I don't know what one of the several things you might be asking... sorry.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:59 pm

OK, I set up an account and tried to enter my card details that way thinking they might allow me to progress a little that way but the web page just didn't want to know, thanks.
it may allow you to progress so far, but you will need all the details that the agent used to set up the card.....and this may be where you are failing..

if your neice is good at BS (and quick thinking) then call sky...

tip: late evenings / nights can be good as you have more chance of going thru to the scotish call centre who dont always go by the rules unlike the indian centre who follow all the procedures...

also AFAIK no you cannot set up a sky account using the web as they track your IP internet address and so can stop pople from outside the uk from setting up a sky card....

use a poxy or other IP hiding software / programme / loophole to access it if you must..

but, just for info, you can use setantas site to upgrade tho....

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 5th 2009 at 6:03 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

AFAIK no you cannot set up a sky account using the web as they track your IP internet address and so can stop pople from outside the uk from setting up a sky card....
...their system will track the cards (probably instantly) and let then get used that way. Why would they stop a user with an IP address that points to another country when the person might just be in that country when they accessed the web account (which they allowed me to set up, it was when I entered the card number they didn't let me proceed) but then detect that several thousand cards are actually being used outside the UK but do not deactivate them, doesn't make sense... anyway as I say, I set up the account without a problem so the IP address isn't a problem.

good tip about calling in the evening, thanks.

Last edited by Econ; Mar 5th 2009 at 6:07 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:10 pm

it was when I entered the card number they didn't let me proceed
was this the sky card number??? in which case it is as i said that the details you are inputting are not matching up with the details supplied by the agent.

good tip about calling in the evening, thanks.
and some of them could be taxdodgers erm students who are there for the money and not always bothered about the rules....
i know of a few other tricks for the sky call centres but need to keep them to myself - i have to earn a living somehow!!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

was this the sky card number??? in which case it is as i said that the details you are inputting are not matching up with the details supplied by the agent.
When I entered the number it said the details where not correct, when I tried to enter it again a small alert showed in red, when I removed the second space the red alert went away but they wouldn't accept the number with or without spaces, didn't give the 3rd option a go as I didn't want to get my ip blocked although I am sure they would only do this for 15 minutes or so.

My card number is (3 digits)(space)(3 digits)(space)(3 digits) without the brackets.

and some of them could be taxdodgers erm students who are there for the money and not always bothered about the rules....
i know of a few other tricks for the sky call centres but need to keep them to myself - i have to earn a living somehow!!!
Oh go on, just PM me and I won't tell......
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:15 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

sky track calls , and think be tracking ip aswell dont foget if one think wrong sky computer system will not let you go on .... becareful inputting account INFO sorry used wiccle here for are system so we link to internet ,wiccle work for media companys
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I went onto the discovery channel yesterday and seen a message that there is now £1 more to pay on the monthly subscription and that the discovery channel cannot now be received without this payment, it also appears on the history channel and some others I flicked through.

I contacted the people who installed the system a couple of years back and they tell me that I need to have a new card which will probably cost quite a lot to get from the companies in the UK that supply these, they say have refused to get involved in this but will see if they can help me get the card without paying this extra change... they do not hold much hope, they suggest I get the bank to cancel the direct debit to SKY and try to get a card from the UK myself. What are the rest of you SKY users in Spain doing to get your new cards.... paying the £100 charge or do you have other arrangements?

Cheers
We get the same on our channels, we brought our sky contract here then let it run out so it just reverted to free stuff.
Maybe they have stopped your contract and still taking the money ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.