Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky Billing problems

Sky Billing problems

Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sky Billing problems

Originally Posted by rudolph hucker
i have 4 boxes in my house...sky hd in the lounge and 3 freesat hd boxes in the bedrooms.
How can you have so many outputs with only (2) cables coming from one LNB ?
DSB.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:54 pm
Banned

rudolph hucker will become famous soon enough

i replaced the lnb last month with a invacom quad plus matchin feedhorn.

Last edited by rudolph hucker; Apr 16th 2010 at 12:57 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

i replaced the lnb last month with a invacom quad plus matchin feedhorn.
According to you that will be a bit of a waste of money in the long term
Old Apr 16th 2010, 12:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
According to you that will be a bit of a waste of money in the long term
yep thats why i'm gutted dude..just bought a samsung hd box and white sky card aswell.
400 euros down the plug ole ffs
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

yep thats why i'm gutted dude..just bought a samsung hd box and white sky card aswell.
400 euros down the plug ole ffs
Well ... at least you aren't living up to your screen name, eh?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:09 pm
Banned

well me wife thinks i'm just like victor meldrew if that's anything to go by dude
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

well me wife thinks i'm just like victor meldrew if that's anything to go by dude
I tried to pull up that 2d Thread mate and it won't load / got another one ?
DSB.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:28 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I tried to pull up that 2d Thread mate and it won't load / got another one ?
DSB.
go straight to the source...and the 4 week old post that first mentioned this and is the part that has been picked up on, then the other posts after disussing the possible implications, and then posts three weeks or so that suggests it was a just typo, that nothing has been ofiicially announced and that the panic may be all about nothing!
(EDIT: I now see Astra website has 1n going to 19 east - not 28 east!)
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/s...q2-2011-a.html
(it does get a bit technical as well!)

and if this new sat is used for UK TV you will not lose ALL television as claimed, as UK TV is from 4 satellites, not just one, most HD channels are on Astra 2a and 2b anyway, and Astra 2d has a few years still left on it before it gets dumped.

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 16th 2010 at 1:55 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Guy
go straight to the source...and the 4 week old post that first mentioned this and is the part that has been picked up on, then the other posts after disussing the possible implications, and then posts in the last week or so that suggests it was a just typo, that nothing has been ofiicially announced and that the panic may be all about nothing!
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/s...q2-2011-a.html
Thanks for that.
Don't get me wrong, worrying never solved anything. But "SAT", if you were about to buy an engine and it's fuel was possibly going to be eradicated for some reason next year - Wouldn't you be concerned / or more over not BUY that ENGINE ??

The ONLY people, I repeat, the ONLY people that I've come across who have at the very slightest said 'I can't see it happening' up-to 'nothing to worry about' are people who are in THIS TRADE. Go figure, surf the Net's Forums. The only ones who say or back 'against' the negativity are people who ARE in the TRADE.

DSB.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:46 pm
Banned

good post the guy.
lets hope it's all bollox then aye?
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

good post the guy.
lets hope it's all bollox then aye?
My bags are half packed
DSB.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:15 pm
Banned

lol and mine ffs...
i'm not sure if i can live here in sweden without uk tv..for 7 months of the year we're house bound ffs
Old Apr 16th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the UK so only have limited computer access. What was set up was not direct debit payments but continuous payments or recurring payments which only the supplier can stop. It took me months and months to get my bank to stop it. I did not want to contact Sky as I did not want them to know I was in Spain.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 6:14 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I am in the UK so only have limited computer access. What was set up was not direct debit payments but continuous payments or recurring payments which only the supplier can stop. It took me months and months to get my bank to stop it. I did not want to contact Sky as I did not want them to know I was in Spain.
Has it all finally been sorted? (I cannot remember!)

What finally stopped it?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:26 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What was set up was not direct debit payments but continuous payments or recurring payments which only the supplier can stop.
This is known as a "Continuous Payment Authority". It's not hard to stop but unlike direct debits a CPA does not follow the rules of the Direct Debit Scheme where the bank and business must abide by the Direct Debit Guarantee, by which your bank guarantees to refund your account immediately if anything goes wrong. With a CPA there is no common scheme and the business does not have to abide by the Direct Debit Guarantee which means if the bank were to return your money the bank, not the business, would be the one out of pocket. I.e. once the payment has been made the business has the client's money and the only recourse the client has is through the civil court system.

To cancel a CPA you must contact the business that has your authority telling them it is revoked. It is best to do this in writing, sending the notification by a registered method and then sending a letter to the card authority telling them the payment authority has been revoked along with a copy of the letter you sent. Obviously this does not affect payments that have already been made but the card authority should not make further payments once it has been notify your authorisation has been revoked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.