Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky+ 29 No signal being received

Sky+ 29 No signal being received

Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:23 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky+ 29 No signal being received

It has started up as it has managed to aquire a good signal for it to complete its download.

The box normally looks at 11778 for its information. At certain times of the day that frequency is poor and may be unavailable, which is why you ask the box to look for the information on another frequency.

If it is taking so long then it could be down to:
dish alignment
lnb issues,
cable issues
connection issues
box issues....some boxes are so old you can do the shopping before it changes channels!

Boxes also do not like a lot of power cuts or low power - consider hooking the box up to a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) - thay are normally used for computers but can work on AV equipment also - and should the mains power go off, the UPS will power the sky box for about 10 - 20 minutes using its binternal battery. (you can get them from abnout 50euroes upwards)
Old Dec 29th 2009, 8:19 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Even when the Sky box is in Standby mode it is receiving the signals form the satellite.
I meant powered down from the mains.
Maybe just another rumour, but I was told if you take the card out at night sky would not be able to deactivate the card.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 6:43 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I meant powered down from the mains.
Maybe just another rumour, but I was told if you take the card out at night sky would not be able to deactivate the card.
Rumour I am afraid.

if you call sky up they send signals to the card pretty much there and then...if it does not receive them at that time then it will get them on the next cycle...which happens throughout the day...not just at night.

As soon as you reintroduce your card to the box the first thing it does will be to check the cards entitlements, and so it will update its" channel authorisiation" then, and then it will receie the update to deactivate.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:25 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Rumour I am afraid.
If it seems too good to be true, it usually is Many thanks, Bob