Skimmers

Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:12 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skimmers

Originally Posted by jdr
Trouble is pete they can stick another block in anywhere, see how they filled in between the two rocky parts with concrete and built right in front of the other block that has been up for years.

The third picture shows a building they put on a strip of land about 3 mtrs deep, they drilled into the rockface and concreted in steelwork to connect to the building as it was built up. The top of it will be big enough for apartments.
Wow .. clever builders .. You wouldnt of expected that for sure .. Just shows nowheres safe . well posted jdr .
Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:23 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes but with all due respect why does that tar all off plan purchases with the same brush ... there are many off plan buyers who were completely happy. Obviously I'm fully aware of Chiclana etc and other such problems, but it doesn't mean in general it is a bad road to take

And Big P, three years old doesn't get you out of VLG possibilities
Mitzy,youve read the threads and I dont think,I can remember anybody except maybe ( Keith Walters ),saying that they had not had any problems buying of plan,usually its all about completion,or what they thought they were buying was not quite what they had been shown,in your reply you say they where happy did they sell on or were they skimmers?It doesnt tar all of plan developments,but it might help if somebody would come on and tell us thier good expereince,and help others to get to sleep at night.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Good point at the end there douglas
Old Mar 16th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

We bought a flat off plan in Valencia in January 2004. It was in a block of 57 and we were the only non Spanish buyers.

It completed on time July 2005 with no problems. We were not sure whether to sell or rent it out, but decided in November 2005 to sell.

We got a buyer in January 2006 and completed in March 2006.

Incidentally the Notary who we did the buying and selling through also bought one off plan for resale herself!!

We sold for 45% more than our purchase price.

I don't think I would be keen to do the same if the property was being built for extranjeros/holidays.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:21 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Get rid of the greedy speculators, and leave the buying of homes to the people who want to actually live in them.
I couldn't disagree more ,it's not about greed it's business ,anyone and everyone can do it ,but most people don't have the "Balls "to take the risk.

In the uk you would be commended for good business sense but because it's in Spain everyone thinks your greedy ,whether buying off plan , old houses for reform or land ,to me it's purely business and if you can't afford the market price you can't buy ...simple really , I have layed a lot of money out to get my properties and land in Spain and they will provide a much better return than any bank will give ....