Reload this Page >

Single Parent at Christmas

Single Parent at Christmas

Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Briant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single Parent at Christmas

Hi,
New here. Sorry if this topic has been covered before but I couldn't find it. My 9 year old son and I are going to the CDS for Christmas week. We've booked our flights but haven't booked our hotel yet, can anyone suggest a good area or even hotel bearing in mind it's just the two of us so something to keep us entertained would be nice, as well as lots of things to do in the area.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single Parent at Christmas

Originally Posted by Briant
Hi,
New here. Sorry if this topic has been covered before but I couldn't find it. My 9 year old son and I are going to the CDS for Christmas week. We've booked our flights but haven't booked our hotel yet, can anyone suggest a good area or even hotel bearing in mind it's just the two of us so something to keep us entertained would be nice, as well as lots of things to do in the area.
I know this in unlikely to go down well with many, but Benidorm springs to mind.

Just remember to have the letter from your son's mother to show she is agreeable to him being taken out of the UK.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Do I need a letter? I've never needed one before but that wasn't to Spain?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Do I need a letter? I've never needed one before but that wasn't to Spain?
You should have had something to show you have permission wherever you were travelling to.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Noted, just did a load of googing on the topic and next this time I'll take a letter.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

andrewsmith1159 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sell holidays as a job and you certainly do need a letter from the parents to give them permission to take them out of the country.

Benidorm I would say, maybe even Salou, you have a few theme parks and also waterparks.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewsmith1159
I sell holidays as a job and you certainly do need a letter from the parents to give them permission to take them out of the country.

Benidorm I would say, maybe even Salou, you have a few theme parks and also waterparks.
Surely the waterparks won't be open at Christmas? Even down here in Andalucia where it tends to be hotter, they are only open between June and September.

I know quite a lot of hotels on the CDS have closed during the winter for the past couple of years as it has been so quiet, so the OP may find his choice quite restricted.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I'll now be taking a letter. I don't like that I have too as my boy has lived with me as his main parent for 7 years, but hey, I suppose you can't be too careful.
I looked at a few of the waterparks and they are all (the ones I looked at) closed over the winter period Although I gather the zoo is still open?

I've really struggled to find a hotel with a kids club/kids activities during winter, if anyone could help me out with that it would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you would be better off thinking about one of the islands rather than the mainland because with better winter temperatures I would have thought that all attractions would be open.

Rosemary
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Would the child's father really need a letter from the mother? Is that new?, never heard of that before.

Would the mother need a letter from the father?

The Cowboy theme park in Almeria is open on Dec 31 and Jan 1st http://www.unique-almeria.com/oasys-theme-park.html

Last edited by missile; Jul 21st 2013 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:11 am
Just Joined

andrewsmith1159 is an unknown quantity at this point

my apologies if you are the parent then you more than likely wouldn't need a letter of permission
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'll now be taking a letter. I don't like that I have too as my boy has lived with me as his main parent for 7 years, but hey, I suppose you can't be too careful.
I looked at a few of the waterparks and they are all (the ones I looked at) closed over the winter period Although I gather the zoo is still open?

I've really struggled to find a hotel with a kids club/kids activities during winter, if anyone could help me out with that it would be much appreciated.
Hi Briant, I'm not in Spain, nor do I claim to be an expert. Seem to remember that on the Costa del Sol Torremolinos is quite well equipped with the sort of hotels you are looking for. And nearby resorts plus the city of Malaga will have plenty of 'happenings' over 'Navidad'.
Hope your son and yourself find what you are looking for and have a great time.
'o nonno
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
My 9 year old son and I are going to the CDS for Christmas week. We've booked our flights.
Come on folks since when has Benidorm or Salou or the Islands been on the CDS?