Single Beds

Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single Beds

Hi,

Please can anyone advise me where I can buy a couple of single beds around Ayamonte and surrounding areas?

I have looked at Ikea but they don't seem to have too much choice in the single beds department.

Ideally I don't want to be spending a fortune on them either as they are only for 2 young children as mine are just about to grow out of their travel cots!

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single Beds

There is a bed shop opposite the convent just north of Laguna plaza where we bought 6 single beds at a very good price. They delivered on time and carried them upstairs for us and the service was exemplary. We wanted wide singles for adults and they had a very good range with some 1.05m which suited us just fine.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Another option may be Muebles Claramar which is on the industrial estate on the way into town from Esuri, and is a very large store.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitto
Hi,

Please can anyone advise me where I can buy a couple of single beds around Ayamonte and surrounding areas?

I have looked at Ikea but they don't seem to have too much choice in the single beds department.

Ideally I don't want to be spending a fortune on them either as they are only for 2 young children as mine are just about to grow out of their travel cots!

Thanks in advance.
If you don't mind venturing into Portugal and you want a cheap option you can buy beds and other furniture new from the warehouse type place that is opposite the Plaza in Tavira. It might once have been an auction house but now sells new and secondhand. I think a lot of the new furniture is ex Argos. I am sorry I don't have a name or contact number but I did buy a cupboard from them at a great price and they delivered free - but my place is local. I imagine there would be a charge to Spain.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your help. I will give them a try this week whilst I'm there.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:33 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
If you don't mind venturing into Portugal and you want a cheap option you can buy beds and other furniture new from the warehouse type place that is opposite the Plaza in Tavira. It might once have been an auction house but now sells new and secondhand. I think a lot of the new furniture is ex Argos. I am sorry I don't have a name or contact number but I did buy a cupboard from them at a great price and they delivered free - but my place is local. I imagine there would be a charge to Spain.
I would advise the following
  • Buy 2 single beds 90x200.
  • Note Portugese sizes are 200 and Spanish are 190 long. So you buy in Portugal or specifically order a 200 one on Spain (not always possible - but I did it). Ikea has 200 long beds. May as well get the bigger beds... especially if you have tall friends.
  • We buy our bed linen in Portugal - but this size, 200, is normal all over Europe so you will get bed linen no problem.
  • Buy a square cross-section mattress, not rounded at the edges
  • When you push the beds together, there is no 'gap in the middle (or a tiny one - often not noticeable) and you have a good king-size bed for when couples come as guests, or 2 separate beds otherwise. We've done this several times.
    Our beds at CE are all like this with quite firm mattresses. In our bedroom they are pushed together and we have a memory foam mattress topper. Even before we got the topper we didnt notice the gap.
Lots of places to buy beds - eg go to Carrefour Cartaya and you will see a billboard on the roundabout for a mattress place. There are also furniture shops on the road back through Lepe.

Good luck

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Apr 23rd 2012 at 6:39 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I would advise the following
  • Buy 2 single beds 90x200.
  • Note Portugese sizes are 200 and Spanish are 190 long. So you buy in Portugal or specifically order a 200 one on Spain (not always possible - but I did it). Ikea has 200 long beds. May as well get the bigger beds... especially if you have tall friends.
  • We buy our bed linen in Portugal - but this size, 200, is normal all over Europe so you will get bed linen no problem.
  • Buy a square cross-section mattress, not rounded at the edges
  • When you push the beds together, there is no 'gap in the middle (or a tiny one - often not noticeable) and you have a good king-size bed for when couples come as guests, or 2 separate beds otherwise. We've done this several times.
    Our beds at CE are all like this with quite firm mattresses. In our bedroom they are pushed together and we have a memory foam mattress topper. Even before we got the topper we didnt notice the gap.
Lots of places to buy beds - eg go to Carrefour Cartaya and you will see a billboard on the roundabout for a mattress place. There are also furniture shops on the road back through Lepe.

Good luck

Jon
When pushing the single beds together we have some velcro straps which we use to tie the legs together to stop the gaps opening up. Easy to find on't tinternet and not expensive - for your more energetic guests
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
When pushing the single beds together we have some velcro straps which we use to tie the legs together to stop the gaps opening up. Easy to find on't tinternet and not expensive - for your more energetic guests
Yep those tall people can get quite active

Our beds have feet that have a little rubber pad so the bed doesnt move.... but even a couple of short pieces of cord will do to tie the legs together. Or buy some non slip stick on pads for the feet... or the velcro thing.

We have Tempurpedic mattresses... which are very expensive. But doing this with a firm mattress and a good quite deep (4 inches - I think) memory foam topper.... gives us a 'super-king size bed' (180 = nearly 6 feet wide - GREAT! ) and is very comfortable. My wife prefers the bed in Spain - for me its about the same comfortt wise. Ours here is 5foot 2 (160) so already bigger than a normal UK double 4ft6" or a UK king at 5ft.

This is a good way to get the same result for a lot less - I wish Id thought of that before I bought the Tempur's!

C'est la vie...........

Jon
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We use cable ties (available in any DIY store and easily removed with scissors) ;-)