Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Italian qualification in Spain

Italian qualification in Spain

Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Meliname is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Italian qualification in Spain

Does anyone know anywhere or anyway a 16 year old can study A level Italian on the Costa Blanca, Spain? I´ve contacted every international school in the area and although they offer French, German, obviously Spanish and even Russian, I cannot find anywhere that offers Italian as an option!

The nearest I came was for my daughter to have a tutor, study at home and sit the exam with an external exams officer. If this is the only way then I´m looking for a qualified Italian tutor.

If anyone has any ideas or information about studying Italian and gaining qualifcations in Italian on the Costa Blanca, I will be most grateful!

Thanks very much.

Melina
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian qualification in Spain

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Pop into the Spain forum and ask your question and hopefully someone will be able to guide you to the best place for your daughter to learn. I know of a couple of language schools which teach Italian but they are not in your area unfortunately.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:59 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Meliname

Welcome to BE

I would recommend you check out our Spain forum, where there are lots of other expats who are living in Spain. Some of them may have some suggestions for you.
You will find this forum by clicking the 'forum index' tab on the top left of this page, scroll down the listed countries until you see the title Europe. Double click on Spain below that and you're in.
I am sure that if you repost on there explaining your dilemma someone will be able to help.

Should you find that you need to get an Italian speaking tutor, there is also a section entitled 'Moving abroad by profession' which you will also find on the main forum index in the next section after the listed countries. There is a job offer section there where you could advertise for a tutor if the need arises.

All the very best to you

Dread - x
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meliname
Does anyone know anywhere or anyway a 16 year old can study A level Italian on the Costa Blanca, Spain? I´ve contacted every international school in the area and although they offer French, German, obviously Spanish and even Russian, I cannot find anywhere that offers Italian as an option!

The nearest I came was for my daughter to have a tutor, study at home and sit the exam with an external exams officer. If this is the only way then I´m looking for a qualified Italian tutor.

If anyone has any ideas or information about studying Italian and gaining qualifcations in Italian on the Costa Blanca, I will be most grateful!

Thanks very much.

Melina
Hi Melina,

I don't know the answer to your question but am going to move your thread into our Spain forum for you and hopefully someone who posts there will be able to give you some info.

Welcome to BE and I hope you enjoy being part of our community.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meliname

Thanks very much.

Melina
Hi

I think your solution might well be the best/only way - get a private tutor -your daughter should be able to sit the actual exams at one of the International schools as an externo

whereabouts are you? I might be able to point you in the right direction if you're anywhere near me