Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sickness benefit.

Sickness benefit.

Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice
Default Sickness benefit.

Please can anyone tell me how sickness benefit works here?

I have a friend who is seriously ill and is worrying about how long she will get benefit for. She has worked and paid into the systen for at least four years.

Currently she is in her fifth month of receiving full pay but I would like to find out for her how long this will continue.

Thanks.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sickness benefit.

Originally Posted by kayley

I have a friend who is seriously ill and is worrying about how long she will get benefit for. She has worked and paid into the systen for at least four years.

Currently she is in her fifth month of receiving full pay but I would like to find out for her how long this will continue.

Thanks.
I think you need to be more specific.
Worked, is that self employed or employed by company.
Fifth month of full pay. Is that full pay from her company then or are you saying she has been getting full pay sickness benefit already and you want to know how long this sickness benefit will last?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

She has worked for a company and has been of sick for five months and receiving full pay for that period.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

She has worked for a company and has been of sick for five months and receiving full pay for that period.
I see. In that case she should have those details in her contract of employment.AFIK there is no state legislation on companies in this matter.
Also being employed by a company gives you far more rights to State benefits if her company pay ceases or she is forced to give up her job due to ill health.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. What sort of state benifits might she be entitled to?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks. What sort of state benifits might she be entitled to?
Unemployment and/or sickness benefit.
Sickness benefit would depend on the nature of their illness. If it is a long term debilitating illness the severity of the illness would determine the % of benefit. Best advice is to visit the Social Security website, it is also available in english.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.
It could potentially last for a long time, depending on circumstances.

A friend of mine was off sick on full pay for two years. After that she either had to return to work or leave the the job.