Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Should this worry me?

Should this worry me?

Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:53 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Should this worry me?

I have asked for the full address of the property I am supposed to be taking over in May and received this response today (snipped)

"Unfortunately there is no full address for your property at Hondon. Town hall still has not named all streets in the area. I am sorry to not be able to help you in this matter."

Should I be concerned or is this the norm with residential complexes. Surely there are many people already in Hondon de las Nieves. How do they get billed if there is no address for the villas
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:58 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should this worry me?

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
I have asked for the full address of the property I am supposed to be taking over in May and received this response today (snipped)

"Unfortunately there is no full address for your property at Hondon. Town hall still has not named all streets in the area. I am sorry to not be able to help you in this matter."

Should I be concerned or is this the norm with residential complexes. Surely there are many people already in Hondon de las Nieves. How do they get billed if there is no address for the villas
Welcome to the Spanish sytem

This is very common and no need to worry. The contracts should state some sort of parcella or parcellation numbers and the area, etc. Something to distinguish the property you have bought.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:05 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

This is much the norm, we bought our house in Feb 2003 and found out the correct address in August 2005 when we had a final demand delivered by a courier for non payment of rates, we were fined 12 euros for not paying 2004 rates but felt it was worth it as we now had the correct address, no postman but correct address. We have a postman now and we get the occassional letter but for safety sake we are sticking with our PO Box.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:06 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Welcome to the Spanish sytem

This is very common and no need to worry. The contracts should state some sort of parcella or parcellation numbers and the area, etc. Something to distinguish the property you have bought.
Great so in a years time I might be living in Everton Road or something
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:14 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

On our urbanisation they are only just getting round to putting up street names and the first residents moved in in 2002! We just have a number at the moment. The post goes to the post office in the nearby town of Castalla and you have to go there to collect it. If it is not collected in a couple of weeks then it is returned to sender Of course, you can also get a PO box thus ensuring you receive your mail if you can't get to the post office within the deadline. No postie on the urbanisation.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:17 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Anything is possible

We have a client who owns a property ontop of a hill (no street name) and his property is distinguished by a parcella name and number. The electricity board (Iberdrola) kept sending bills that never arrived anywhere and they had on a few occassions almost cut off supply because of bills being unpaid. We have now registered the client online and direct debited the bills and it's almost safe sailing Still have to check every 2 months to see if they sent the bills to the bank in order to be paid
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:26 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Anything is possible

We have a client who owns a property ontop of a hill (no street name) and his property is distinguished by a parcella name and number. The electricity board (Iberdrola) kept sending bills that never arrived anywhere and they had on a few occassions almost cut off supply because of bills being unpaid. We have now registered the client online and direct debited the bills and it's almost safe sailing Still have to check every 2 months to see if they sent the bills to the bank in order to be paid
So the moral of this story is - pay everything by direct debit to ensure bills are paid even if the paper bills go astray
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:35 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by Lionda
So the moral of this story is - pay everything by direct debit to ensure bills are paid even if the paper bills go astray
Yes, and also never rest assured just because you have everything on direct debit. Always go online and make sure things are being paid
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by MnM
Yes, and also never rest assured just because you have everything on direct debit. Always go online and make sure things are being paid

Good advice Martha - thanks
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:11 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by MnM
I hope to god I can get internet where I am buying. Cant seem to get an answer from anyone yet
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:40 pm
MnM

I hope to god I can get internet where I am buying. Cant seem to get an answer from anyone yet
I suppose that is because it is still early days as far as the development you bought into goes.

There are always alternative solutions such as wireless internet ADSL available and if that is out of the question, I'm sure there are internet cafes in your area.

The first year we were here and before getting connected (we lived on the building site we were working on), we became regulars at our local internet cafe! Did all our internet banking on there, even though we know it's not 100% safe, we really had no choice.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Much more important than the physical address are the details entered in the property register.

You need to know the libro, tomo, folio, número de finca and inscripción.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Glad you will be there before us Smarties - you can test the water (so to speak) and report back so we know what to expect when we get over
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Or even worse...Pipkin Road
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:48 pm
Smarties

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Much more important than the physical address are the details entered in the property register.

You need to know the libro, tomo, folio, número de finca and inscripción.
and the knee bones connected to the........ thigh bone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.