Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shopping on line spain

Shopping on line spain

Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping on line spain

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you want really cheap printer ink try http://www.inkredible.co.uk/ they ship to Spain postage free and, unlike Play.com, don't increase the price by charging you in Euros at a bad rate.
ooh, thanks for that, it never occured to me they might ship for free.

I've had a few things bought online here, books, dvds etc, even shoes, and no problem so far. Where I can I prefer to pick it up in the shop but delivery has so far not gone wrong.

C.O.D is usually charged a bit extra and it means I have to be there for the delivery. I prefer paypalwhere possible but if I pay by card, I nearly always have to input a 6 figure code which is sent to my mobile - that seems like a pretty good security check to me.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I do most of my online shopping from the UK. As the euro is so strong compared to the pound it makes shopping at Amazon for example cheaper than FNAC or lacasadellibro, including the delivery charge (assuming you are on a euro salary that is).

The only Spanish sites I have used for online shopping are the supermarkets. Both Mercadona and Hipercor offer a home delivery service if you shop online. And I'm lazy.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a shopaholic and buys a lot of stuff online, as well as everywhere else. We have a lovely postman who would throw any parcels that didn’t fit in the postbox over the high gate. One day when we came back from shopping he was waiting for us with tears in his eyes. He was peering through a small gap in the gate to watch the Doberman tear up a parcel he had just thrown over. (It was a purple top for the wife, the dog’s got more taste than she has).

Now he rings the bell and waits for us to come to the gate. He handed me a biggish parcel this morning and I pointed out that it was addressed to the Doberman, because it was his birthday. He nearly fell of his bike, laughing.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

You're not trying hard enough

I found everything via Google. As I said before, Kelkoo and Ciao usually come up with a decent selection of online shops.

Amongst others, I have used

http://www.ofertahogar.com/
http://electroprecio.es/
http://www.cocineros.info/mundial/home.php
http://www.cristaleriasgarcia.com/
http://www.pixmania.com/es/es/home.html
http://www.alternate.es/html/index.html

Not forgetting that Amazon UK now ship most things to Spain at very low shipping rates.

If you want really cheap printer ink try http://www.inkredible.co.uk/ they ship to Spain postage free and, unlike Play.com, don't increase the price by charging you in Euros at a bad rate.
Thanks for that Fred,
I have checked some already, Pixmania I would never use again.
I do find that many spanish sites only have an email contact page which is not to helpful when you want to browse goods.
I thought Amazon uk will only ship certain items, maybe it has changed, will have to check that out.
Anyway, many thanks for your tips.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:28 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to shop online at Hipercor but I became fed up of them ringing saying eg. "We haven't got X will you have xx instead" The last time I had two calls before and also two items out of sell by date so I gave up. I do find too that a lot of online spanish sites are not browser friendly, our postcode was changed about 2 years ago and none have updated their sites so they won't accept it!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
I thought Amazon uk will only ship certain items, maybe it has changed, will have to check that out.
I "think" you´ll find you are correct. A large percentage of Amazon goods are now from outside suppliers, and I don´t think they ship outside UK. If it comes from Amazon itself, they do. And apparently at very good rates.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Fred James;8257101]Which is probably why most sites offer a COD option - something that has died out in the UK.

Also a bank transfer option is quite common, again something unheard of in the UK.[/QUOTE]

Most mail order transactions are paid for by bank transfer in Spain, very few spanish have credit cards and banks usually ask business`s for around 10k security to let them take c cards over the phone.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All the online companies I have used accept credit cards and often PayPal as well.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I "think" you´ll find you are correct. A large percentage of Amazon goods are now from outside suppliers, and I don´t think they ship outside UK. If it comes from Amazon itself, they do. And apparently at very good rates.
Having looked at Amazon site it appears they have changed what they will send although it still appears a little vague.
I did notice that other suppliers vary as to shipping abroad and it usually states it in the goods description also some non amazon items are stated as being dispatched by amazon.
Things are looking up.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

All the online companies I have used accept credit cards and often PayPal as well.
Therefor they will have paid a security deposit to their bank , paypal is a whole lot different and spanish banks do not control it ,thankfully!!