Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Setting Up a PO Box

Setting Up a PO Box

Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough
Default Setting Up a PO Box

Hiya All

Do you have to be present to open a PO Box - or can i get a friend to do this for me? Im moving over in a few weeks and would of liked to have been able to leave a forwarding address. I do not intend to be at my friends long - as we are looking to buy a property - so i didnt want to use her address which may add to confusion.

Any Comments?

Katya
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:25 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting Up a PO Box

Never needed one , but all the details are here
http://www.correos.es/contenido/05E-...-ApartadoP.asp
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:18 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katya
Hiya All

Do you have to be present to open a PO Box - or can i get a friend to do this for me? Im moving over in a few weeks and would of liked to have been able to leave a forwarding address. I do not intend to be at my friends long - as we are looking to buy a property - so i didnt want to use her address which may add to confusion.

Any Comments?

Katya
I think the easy answer is YES - we tried to have someone else open one for us but they insisted on us being there with our passport and padron.

As well as the Post Office, you could also try organisations like 'MAILBOX' which offer the same service.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

el sid is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends where you're moving to as there is a company in Chiclana that might be able to sort it out for you by email.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

Thanks - Im moving to Quesada
Old Jun 10th 2008, 2:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katya
Thanks - Im moving to Quesada
Plenty of places that offer masil box services, try searching for 'The Mail Room' this is like a franchise and they seem to have a lot of places in the Costa Blanca South, just typing that in might hepl, or look in the on-line editions of the local papers, try Coast Rider, The Leader or Round town news