Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Selling in Spain

Selling in Spain

Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

zatanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling in Spain

How do I go about selling stuff, I would want to be on a beach - I don't mind where but I want to select a popular tourist place like mallorca. Its glitter tattoos I do, so I;m not actually selling goods. Anyone know the rules and regulations, or can point me in the right direction if I need permission/and or need to pay something to do this?

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:22 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling in Spain

Originally Posted by zatanna
How do I go about selling stuff, I would want to be on a beach - I don't mind where but I want to select a popular tourist place like mallorca. Its glitter tattoos I do, so I;m not actually selling goods. Anyone know the rules and regulations, or can point me in the right direction if I need permission/and or need to pay something to do this?

Thanks
First off, to be legal, you need to be self-employed (autonomo). This has costs associated with it irrespective of whether you physically take any money or not!

The costs associated are about 260 per month for your 'stamp' - health, and you also have to file tax returns on a regular basis and so may incur professional fees.

If you don't need health cover (ha, ha!) and don't mind working illegally and having to look over your shoulder every two minutes, then you could always do as many Spanish do and work for black money (cash-in-hand)!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:44 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You could join the Africans who sell on the beach and the Chinese masseurs and learn to run when the Police patrols come.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Is there anywhere I can write to - to get more information on this please?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 2:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anywhere I can write to - to get more information on this please?
contact the local ayuntamiento (council) - you'll need a licence for a pitch - in my town they are hotly contested & quite expensive

also, as you are applying something to the skin there may be health & safety cert. requirements, too

you'd be too late for this summer - most beach/street 'markets' are high season only & will only be there for maybe another month - at least in my area
Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I know Im late for this summer, but thanks for your help I have enough uk markets to do ( I design t-shirts too), so the glitter protect would be great for summer hols. As it blinkin rains here almost every blimmin summer I want to try somewhere a where it doesnt often rain and b where all the little ankle biters flock too. Also at probably a Euro a time it is affordable to everyone....just need to see if it viable for me!

Thanks The Oddities too, you will always find at least one answer to your question someone trying to be smart. best policy ignore them - people who post these things desperately want you to reply something in anger in return. If you don't they get kinda sad.

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know Im late for this summer, but thanks for your help I have enough uk markets to do ( I design t-shirts too), so the glitter protect would be great for summer hols. As it blinkin rains here almost every blimmin summer I want to try somewhere a where it doesnt often rain and b where all the little ankle biters flock too. Also at probably a Euro a time it is affordable to everyone....just need to see if it viable for me!

Thanks The Oddities too, you will always find at least one answer to your question someone trying to be smart. best policy ignore them - people who post these things desperately want you to reply something in anger in return. If you don't they get kinda sad.

Thanks
you need to decide where you want to be - become resident - & apply very early for a license - you don't stand a chance unless you are resident

those suggesting you do it illegally were only half joking - many many people do exactly that , simply because it it VERY expensive to be legally self-employed, as snikpoh said

Last edited by lynnxa; Aug 4th 2011 at 4:12 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be very difficult (or impossible) to obtain a licence to " work" on the beach or paseo!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I think it will be very difficult (or impossible) to obtain a licence to " work" on the beach or paseo!
they are available here - but as I said - hotly fought over, expensive, & only for a short summer season
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Damn I might have to turn to the oldest profession in the world.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about other areas in Spain, but if you read the pages and pages of 'Personal' adverts in the Sur in English weekly newspaper in Andalucia (and I can't believe just how explicit the wording of some of them is!) you will find that there is an awful lot of people already practising the oldest profession in the world here - so just as much competition in that field, I'm afraid!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Don't know about other areas in Spain, but if you read the pages and pages of 'Personal' adverts in the Sur in English weekly newspaper in Andalucia (and I can't believe just how explicit the wording of some of them is!) you will find that there is an awful lot of people already practising the oldest profession in the world here - so just as much competition in that field, I'm afraid!
I read the other day that the law is supposed to be changing to make these ads illegal..........
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Selling in Spain

There is a continuous call for "ladies of the night" to ply the trade. However you will probably have to work for a Russian who will "demand" a large % fee!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

When I read this post I said to Rosemary I might try that. Unfortunately she had to retire to bed as she hurt herself laughing.
I do not think that was called for really.

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.