Self Isolating

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Self Isolating

In the near future I may have to make a trip to the UK ( not looking forward to it )
Under the present rules I will have to Self Isolate for ten days.
However when I look up the do's and don'ts the UK Gov web site immediately goes on to refer to Lockdown and explains the requirements for such not self isolating, are they the same?
If so what is the point in self isolating if one has to lockdown?
I should be staying in a furnished flat but would need to purchase food.
OK I can order in cooked meals but some necessities like bread, butter, milk tea etc. would be nice to buy in to use as and when, which I can do under lockdown by going out to shop, my favoured method.
But can I do this whilst self isolating???
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Isolating

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
In the near future I may have to make a trip to the UK ( not looking forward to it )
Under the present rules I will have to Self Isolate for ten days.
However when I look up the do's and don'ts the UK Gov web site immediately goes on to refer to Lockdown and explains the requirements for such not self isolating, are they the same?
If so what is the point in self isolating if one has to lockdown?
I should be staying in a furnished flat but would need to purchase food.
OK I can order in cooked meals but some necessities like bread, butter, milk tea etc. would be nice to buy in to use as and when, which I can do under lockdown by going out to shop, my favoured method.
But can I do this whilst self isolating???
Rules for self-isolation in England, with links to similar rules in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...hern%20Ireland.

You can't go to the shops while self-isolating.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Rules for self-isolation in England, with links to similar rules in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...hern%20Ireland.

You can't go to the shops while self-isolating.
Thanks SOS that is the document I was refering to and forgot the link
However:-"You may leave the home to:
  • shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person"
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The rules for self-isolation are different to those of the national lockdown Fred. The sentence you've referred to above is a national lockdown rule. Self-isolation is as described in the first paragraph under the heading Isolating in the UK:

When you arrive in England, you must travel directly to the place you are staying and not leave until 10 days have passed since you left or transited through any country outside the Common Travel Area. This is known as ‘self-isolating’. Similar rules apply in relation to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 11:40 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The UK Government are looking seriously at "Hotel " quarantine like they do in Australia and New Zealand. You get locked up in a hotel at your cost and if you leave the police are informed.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 12:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The UK Government are looking seriously at "Hotel " quarantine like they do in Australia and New Zealand. You get locked up in a hotel at your cost and if you leave the police are informed.
Almost a year too late as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

It might not be a good idea to go to UK as there is a distinct possibility that Spain with other EU countries will bar all entries from UK.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
It might not be a good idea to go to UK as there is a distinct possibility that Spain with other EU countries will bar all entries from UK.
I have no choice.
I don't need to enter Spain

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

We went back in October and had to quarantine for 14 days. We completed the required contact locater forms. When we arrived at Plymouth they asked at passport check point had we completed the forms, which we said we had and offered them to check, to be told we don't need to see them so long as you've done them. Once we got to where we were quarantining we never left the house for 14 days. We did some food shopping online and our daughter dropped off shopping for us on the driveway. We followed the rules to the letter but there were no checks done by anyone or any form of follow up. So it was really down to ourselves to ensure we didn't breach the rules.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
We went back in October and had to quarantine for 14 days. We completed the required contact locater forms. When we arrived at Plymouth they asked at passport check point had we completed the forms, which we said we had and offered them to check, to be told we don't need to see them so long as you've done them. Once we got to where we were quarantining we never left the house for 14 days. We did some food shopping online and our daughter dropped off shopping for us on the driveway. We followed the rules to the letter but there were no checks done by anyone or any form of follow up. So it was really down to ourselves to ensure we didn't breach the rules.
Friends of mine have been checked up on though, so it seems to really depend. I do wonder if they have a way of somehow checking mobile use/location, as everybody I know that has stuck to the quarantine rules hasn't been checked on, others that have broken the rules have had a police visit. One friend got caught, thought they wouldn't check on her a second time and then got caught a second time! It may be coincidence, but seems odd to me that only those rule breaking have been visited.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, you can't do that quarantining. You can only leave the house under very specific circumstances (urgent medical care, to participate in legal proceedings, to attend a funeral). But you can get food delivered, so that's no problem, just make sure you book deliveries in advance as slots fill up very quickly these days.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Friends of mine have been checked up on though, so it seems to really depend. I do wonder if they have a way of somehow checking mobile use/location, as everybody I know that has stuck to the quarantine rules hasn't been checked on, others that have broken the rules have had a police visit. One friend got caught, thought they wouldn't check on her a second time and then got caught a second time! It may be coincidence, but seems odd to me that only those rule breaking have been visited.
It may be that someone reported them? I'm sure the database is easily accessible to police. Also it may be that either random checks may be carried out. Some areas have introduced covid wardens such checks would be a good use of them.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whilst I have no intentions of breaking the rules I am having difficulty understanding them, take the following for example:-

The 10-day self-isolation period is necessary because it can take up to 10 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear. If you’re travelling to England
for less than 10 days, you will be expected to self-isolate for the length of your stay, but you can travel directly to your place of departure. It is important to note that under the national lockdown rules for England,you must not leave or be outside of your place of residence except where necessary

Those two sentences are written together in one paragraph under the heading Isolating in the UK

A little further down the page there is a paragraph headed National lockdown

Why if different rules apply to Isolating and Lockdown have the two sentences been grouped together?

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jan 22nd 2021 at 6:31 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 6:47 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Under the lockdown rules for international travel it states you're allowed to travel to return home, i.e. the same thing, so who knows why they thought to mention anything about lockdown in the self-isolation rules.

Perhaps whoever wrote it thought the messaging was too clear and it needed making more confusing.
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I would expect this to only apply to non UK residents as UK residents can be monitored at home

I suspect the OP is Spanish resident, which could be a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.