Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Scrapbooking? que?

Scrapbooking? que?

Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough
Default Scrapbooking? que?

Does Scrapbooking exist in Spain or is it purely a North American thing?
I have been looking for places here but have come up empty handed. I know I can get things on e-bay but with shipping it sometimes makes it very expensive. I have asked some friends here but none of them are "crafty" or into making photo/memory albums so they were unsure.

also I take a lot of photos and have noticed the high cost of printing even just normal size prints. anyone have a place they go preferably in the Valencia area that is decently priced?

thanks
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrapbooking? que?

Hi I scrapbook and yes it is hard to find things here. I find some things in the papelerias, the wrapping paper there is great and have some fantsttic designs and the chinese bazzar type places have some cheap card that does for backing. In Sevilla we have many jewellery shops which have many things you can adapt to use but most other things I get on line of when back in UK on visits.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

color me stupid but what is a chinese bazzar? someone else to me of these on here as well but i am not sure what it is. I am in Valencia, is there a way to see where they are here?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

oh and also I am not from the UK, I am from Canada but I will be visiting the UK some point this year. where are some places that I would find scrapbooking supplies? thanks
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Chinese bazzar, cheapo chinese shop that sells all sorts, or Maroccon shops that do the same, all over the place, and we are typical rural Spain and we have them. so am sure you will find one.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Depends what your looking for as far as craft items go, there are some craft shops about but they do not seem to have taken off here as they have in the UK, you can order stuff from the UK but it is expensive to have it delivered, I think the postage to Spain is silly money.

Where are you visiting in the UK and I will see if there is a independent craft shop in the area.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

There is/was a good craft shop in Valencia city (not visited it for 2 years). If you put manualidades into google it should come up with a few. Sorry that I cannot tell you the name of it of the road that it is in but it is not that far from the station.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

One on line store I use charges the same price no matter what you order. I think it is £12 something. I will only soend more for something special usually from America if they will deliver to Spain.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

@pwwm : oh ok like chinese cheap stores. I didnt know that was what they were called. me and my husband just called them dollar stores cause that is what they are called in canada.
there are alot of those around especially here in Alfafar. i haven't found scrapbooking supplies at one of them yet. just like stickers maybe. but no papers or photo corners etc..

@jay01: what i am looking for is 12" x 12" acid and lignin free paper, the plastic sleeves for the album as well as any embellishments and photo corners. i will be in the area of the actual city of london and the surrounding areas. we havent made definite plans yet. but are there like any chain stores that offer the above mentioned items? in north america there is Michael's which is a huge chain of craft/gift stores.

@Rosemary: i guess i will try a google map search and see if i can find it. thanks

@The Capitans Wench: which online store do u use?

i may have to wait and when i go back to canada ship a bunch of stuff. a few things with reasonable shipping charges to spain on ebay i will get.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:43 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there a UK chain called hobbycraft?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:38 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The shop that I mentioned is called Batallon Manualidades, Ruzafa, 39.

There is no real shop frontage, the entrance is up a couple of steps and then there are glass displays prior to the door so it is easily missed. Inside they have it full to the rafters so you may have to thoroughly search for what you are looking for but they have a good stock of most things.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Hobbycraft is a general craft store, it will supply almost everything you need but I am a huge believer in supporting the little man, they are the ones that put themselves out to learn about the products they are selling, hobby craft make it there business to employ people with no craft knowledge at all, waste of time asking them a question.

I was on about starting a Spanish web based business doing papercraft supplies as when I closed my craft shop in the UK I brought all the stock with me, so I have a huge amount sitting here, still in boxes. Really should get round to dealing with it.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The shop that I mentioned is called Batallon Manualidades, Ruzafa, 39.

There is no real shop frontage, the entrance is up a couple of steps and then there are glass displays prior to the door so it is easily missed. Inside they have it full to the rafters so you may have to thoroughly search for what you are looking for but they have a good stock of most things.

Rosemary
thank u ill look it up
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

I just came across this yesterday and your thread reminded me.

Don't know if it is any good, but worth a ring maybe.

Aladdin's Cave Crafter's Paradise
Classes every day, PCA Registered Tutor, Parchment Craft magazine on sale here every month. Everything for the card maker, new stock every week. Full colour printing and copying, scrapbook and card making every Monday morning.
When: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm. Saturday 10.30am - 1.30pm
Where: Below Quicksave Supermarket N332 (195km) Pedreguer

from http://www.freetimecb.com/hobbies.htm

When you are in the UK you can look for Hobbycraft or The Range as both do all sorts of craft things. Although, you will find a lot of small craft shops in most places if you look.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of printing your own photographs? I bought a Dell laser printer for my business recently. It came with an extra set of inks (which can be expensive) and had it shipped from England. The printer was under 150 pounds (from memory... I didn't pay VAT so it was even cheaper) and then the delivery was around £50 but I had to arrange it myself. You can then print on any A4 paper including acid free. Sounds like a lot of money at first but you get so many prints I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Laser printers have come down so much in the last few years. My previous one for example was around 500 pounds
The reason I sent to the Uk is that prices there seem to be going down in relation to the Euro whereas Spanish prices are staying high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.