Reload this Page >

schools in benalmedena

schools in benalmedena

Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

vickypink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools in benalmedena

Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help me with some queries i have!!
We are moving over in june to the arenal golf, benalmedena and need to get my 4 year old into a nursery. I have enquired about registering him to Jacaranda in september but would like him to start intergrating as soon as possible!
Can anyone provide me with private nurserys around where we will be moving as we are coming out in a couple of weeks to sort out final bits and bobs and would like to get this sorted aswell.

Thanks alot for you help
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools in benalmedena

Originally Posted by vickypink
Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help me with some queries i have!!
We are moving over in june to the arenal golf, benalmedena and need to get my 4 year old into a nursery. I have enquired about registering him to Jacaranda in september but would like him to start intergrating as soon as possible!
Can anyone provide me with private nurserys around where we will be moving as we are coming out in a couple of weeks to sort out final bits and bobs and would like to get this sorted aswell.

Thanks alot for you help
Hi and welcome to BE!
Sorry, can't help as not in the area, just curious as to why you want a nursery place? Most children here start full time state education at 3 years old although not mandatory until they are 6.
They have 3 years in the infantil (in our area, with the same teacher) then progress to primaria at 6 years old.
For September starts, you normally have to enrol in March or April.
Tim
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

There's a couple that I know of in Benalmadena - Costa Kinder Care and the Peter Pan nursery in Arroyo de la Miel.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Put the child into school and save some money.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

vickypink is an unknown quantity at this point

hi thanks for that
I was advised that private nursery would be easiest as places are hard to get.
I have spoken to the school briefly and they said to bring some docs in when we come but they wouldnt be able to guarentee a place as enriolment was march/ april.

I have looked at Peter Pan nursery and have arranged to go in when we go out, but just wanted to know of any others to engage with.

Thank you for the quick response,,, time goes so quick when you have a deadline
xxx
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

The British International College in Nueva Torrequebrada (www.bic-benal.com) also takes children from 3 years old.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Location: Just outside Belfast NI.....to just outside Benalmadena
castana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am interested in secondary education in the same area. Does anyone know the name of the new school just below the Xanit hospital opposite Arenal Golf apts?

Thanks for information
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

Hi Vickypink
I haven`t heard of any other pre-schools but my niece is at the Peter Pan School in Arroyo de la Miel which is a couple of miles away from where you will be living,and her mum is very pleased with the results so far.The school is English owned and run but they also have Spanish staff and her daughter is picking up the Spanish language extremely well.Be prepared for lots of paperwork(and lots of photocopies of everything)when applying for proper school,we have just placed our three children into school,Two of them at Jacaranda which seems very good.You need to present things like your N.I.E. number certificate,passport,property rental contract(if renting)and your registration with the local council to name but a few.
John.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

Hi Castana
I `ll be going past the Xanit later on to pick my wife up from work.I will try and find the school you mentioned and see if I can get the name,phone number etc.Meanwhile if they are of any help,here is a list of Schools in the Arroyo area.
regards
John

Spanish Schools in Arroyo de la Miel (Public)

Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria El Tomillar
Avda.Constitucion 30
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29631
Tel 952443236

Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria La Leala
C/ Moscatel nº 6
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29630
Tel 952444036

Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria La Paloma
Avda.De la Paz s/n.
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29630
Tel 952444225

Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria Miguel Hernández
Avda. Inmaculada Concepcion 138
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29630
Tel 952442648

Colegio de Educación Infantil y Primaria Poeta Salvador Rueda
Avda. las Palmeras s/n.
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29631
Tel 952443148

Instituto de Educación Secundaria Al-Baytar
Avda.Erasa s/n (Urbanización Bejar)
Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29639
Tel 952444730

Instituto de Educación Secundaria
Arroyo de la Miel
Avda. Inmaculada Concepcion s/n. Arroyo de la Miel
Málaga 29630
Tel 952443535

Instituto de Educación Secundaria Cerro del Viento
Avda. del Cerro del Viento 11
Arroyo de la Benalmádena
Málaga 29630
Tel 952562300

Instituto de Educación Secundaria Poetas Andaluces
Avda. Medina Azahara s/n Arroyo de la Miel Benalmádena
Málaga 29631
Tel 952566614

Last edited by Spanish John; Apr 12th 2008 at 11:20 am.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Location: Just outside Belfast NI.....to just outside Benalmadena
castana is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks John