Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

satellite problems

satellite problems

Old Jun 5th 2010, 8:54 am
Just Joined

phyllis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default satellite problems

I live on the Costa Blanca and for some reason I've lost ITV2 and ITV1, BBC have gone from about 6am until around 10.30am, is there a different frequency code I need to use?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 10:00 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: satellite problems

YOur loss of channels depends on your Dish size, exact location (Costa Blanca is a vast area and TV reception varies greatly along it), and which ITV1 regions are are using.

Perhaps your dish needs realignment, or there is some cabling issues, or perhaps LNB issues - its a bit difficult to diagnose as you dont specify the dish, receiver, or your actual location - all very important information to help diagnose a problem.

There are no alternate frequencies for ITV2.
There are for ITV1 - see the reply on your other post
All BBC channels are already on the Sky box - other regions on th EPG around channel 970 upwards - so no other frequencies are needed.

If by "frequency code" you mean changing the default transponder, if you already have pictrues (like SKy News) then changing this default transponder frequency does nothing to get channels back - you only change this to help the sky boxes boot up like after power cuts - but on a good system even this should not have to be done as the boxes should boot up automatically - Sky Default Transponder Frequency Settings.

Last edited by The Guy; Jun 5th 2010 at 10:32 am.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:26 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Guy
YOur loss of channels depends on your Dish size, exact location (Costa Blanca is a vast area and TV reception varies greatly along it), and which ITV1 regions are are using.

Perhaps your dish needs realignment, or there is some cabling issues, or perhaps LNB issues - its a bit difficult to diagnose as you dont specify the dish, receiver, or your actual location - all very important information to help diagnose a problem.

There are no alternate frequencies for ITV2.
There are for ITV1 - see the reply on your other post
All BBC channels are already on the Sky box - other regions on th EPG around channel 970 upwards - so no other frequencies are needed.

If by "frequency code" you mean changing the default transponder, if you already have pictrues (like SKy News) then changing this default transponder frequency does nothing to get channels back - you only change this to help the sky boxes boot up like after power cuts - but on a good system even this should not have to be done as the boxes should boot up automatically - Sky Default Transponder Frequency Settings.
I have lost Nik Junior. Has it changed frequency?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phyllis
I live on the Costa Blanca and for some reason I've lost ITV2 and ITV1, BBC have gone from about 6am until around 10.30am, is there a different frequency code I need to use?
I occasionally get wasps nesting in my LNB. They do nothing to improve signal strength, but once evicted I get better reception.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:42 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
not as far as i know..
most of the nicks (UK) are on the same frequency...lose one and you loose them all (apart from nijnr+1 - on a different freq to the others!)
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:47 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
I occasionally get wasps nesting in my LNB. They do nothing to improve signal strength, but once evicted I get better reception.
Why not fill the hole with a piece of polystyrene? That should stop the little bug***s
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why not fill the hole with a piece of polystyrene? That should stop the little bug***s
Tried it. Lost too much signal. it's also not that frequent an occurence.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:17 pm

thin small polystyrene about the thickness of a 1euro coin works well with little signal loss.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Hi I am having problems with two of my Sky boxes, The first one a Pace BSkyB 2200 was working fine but now will not turn on further than the red power on light. The second a Amstrad DRX 400 keeps showing "Satellite signal not been received".This could be cured by unpluging from the mains,waiting 10mins and starting again, but now I can't get passed the Satellite signal not been received message. Is their anything I can do to get them working again? Thanks Stuart.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Hi I am having problems with two of my Sky boxes, The first one a Pace BSkyB 2200 was working fine but now will not turn on further than the red power on light. .
Its an old box, very very old box, and could be on its way out.
try it first wothout the satellite cable connetced - removed the possibility of a short on the cable.
failing that then i have no idea and a replacement may be required.

The second a Amstrad DRX 400 keeps showing "Satellite signal not been received".This could be cured by unpluging from the mains,waiting 10mins and starting again, but now I can't get passed the Satellite signal not been received message. Is their anything I can do to get them working again? Thanks Stuart.
See the part of the previous post and the instructions on the link.
The frequency the Sky bxo first looks at to downlaod its initial data is weak in many areas of spain, in the afternoon, on small dishes, on some digiboxes.
The data is, however, available on most other frequencies, you you change the frequency on the sky box to get the box to do the downlaod from another frequency...you can use any one of the 90plus frequencies you can receive, but the most popular ones are 12207 and 12129.

Originally Posted by The Guy
If by "frequency code" you mean changing the default transponder, if you already have pictures (like SKy News) then changing this default transponder frequency does nothing to get channels back - you only change this to help the sky boxes boot up like after power cuts - but on a good system even this should not have to be done as the boxes should boot up automatically - Sky Default Transponder Frequency Settings.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by CBANDY
Done some digging and found that they have .

Nickelodeon Europe
Nick Replay
Nick Toons
Nick Junior

have all moved frequency this week, and are now on a north beam frequency, so reecption will be tricky in the afternoon, when the north beams are weakest.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Many thanks for you instant and detailed answers! When I connect another digibox everything is fine so the problem will be with the box and I will try your suggestions the next time I go back to Aquadulce near Seville. Thanks again Stuart.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi I tried your suggestions,after the first time with no success on the second try it wont go to 401 and gets stuck at 4. So it looks like it's dead.Another problem that I am having is that one of my white Sky freeview paid for life? with channel 5 access shows me the message--This card is not the card for this set top box etc. I had 4 sky boxes ( now 3 ) and two white cards and they were all interchangeable. The other white card is OK in all the boxes. I have fetched it back to the UK and phoned Sky and they want the onscreen model number before they can do anything. I have the model No of the box but that is not what they want. How come one of the cards has stopped working? Thanks Stuart.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 7:08 am

Hi I tried your suggestions,after the first time with no success on the second try it wont go to 401 and gets stuck at 4..
when you do the services 401 to enter the installer set up menu, nothing actually happens wwhen you press 01, until you press select. the zero is not one the menu, and the 01 is the "secret" keystroke required to enter the menus.

I assume this is what you mean by "it gets stuck at 4"

.Another problem that I am having is that one of my white Sky freeview paid for life? with channel 5 access shows me the message--This card is not the card for this set top box etc. I had 4 sky boxes ( now 3 ) and two white cards and they were all interchangeable. The other white card is OK in all the boxes. I have fetched it back to the UK and phoned Sky and they want the onscreen model number before they can do anything. I have the model No of the box but that is not what they want. How come one of the cards has stopped working? Thanks Stuart.
If your sky card is showing "this is the wrong card" message on ALL FTV CHANNELS then your card has gone to sleep. Sky cards deactivate when they have no signal from the satellite for approx 4 weeks. When they have a signal again, and as long as the sky card is in the receiver it was activated in, they can be woken up over a period of 24 hours. If you do not have access to the sky box the card was activated in then you must either call sky to get the card reactivated, or get a new card.

Cards for viewing CHANNELS, apart from sports and movies, are interchangeable, but ideally must only be used in the boxes that they are paired / activated in.

Sky dont do freeview. Freeview is UK TV system via a TV aerial - ie terrestrial. Sky is satellite systems - ie extra terrestrial.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your quick reply and I will try your suggestions next week. Ta Stuart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.