Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

DonQuixote is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Good luck DQ, where (which area) are you moving to
Sorry for "high-jacking" thread

To the village of Jacarilla near Orihuela in the Murcia area. Should take about 9 hours with a few good breaks/stops for the wife and cats!!!

Cannot come soon enough......

Don
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonQuixote
Sorry for "high-jacking" thread

To the village of Jacarilla near Orihuela in the Murcia area. Should take about 9 hours with a few good breaks/stops for the wife and cats!!!

Cannot come soon enough......

Don
Yes .. its about 7-8 hours to Gandia area, so you'd be about right.
Nice to see you've spent some time planning it
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

We have loads to do, but being ex military it has to be planned down to the last 5 minutes - this does my wifes head in, however I have promised when we are in and settled I will:

1. Remove my watch and never wear one again.
2. Be more understanding of "fools" and wait until tomorrow
3. Take my tablets every day!
4.Lay in bed after 06:00hrs!! that will be the hardest....

Don
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Yes I "Mod" on my hobbies sites so understand the need and thank you. Free beer now that sound like a good place to be

To get back to the thread ( better play the game ) I will post our findings about the trip on or around Christmas day after unloading the van!!!

Don
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

We have loads to do, but being ex military it has to be planned down to the last 5 minutes - this does my wifes head in, however I have promised when we are in and settled I will:

Don
Join the club 25 yrs TA service and then 10yrs in MOD life timed to 5 mins before just to be on time. Not worn a watch for the last 10 yrs. Took me that long to slow down. The odd thing is with all the DIY, Golf, Walking and Spanish classes how did I find time to work?
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Join the club 25 yrs TA service and then 10yrs in MOD life timed to 5 mins before just to be on time. Not worn a watch for the last 10 yrs. Took me that long to slow down. The odd thing is with all the DIY, Golf, Walking and Spanish classes how did I find time to work?
Well, DIY walking and without doubt Spanish classes will take up all my time. We are non the less looking forward to it all.

Don
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:00 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Thursdays ferry has been cancelled due to bad weather. Have friends who were going on it, and now they have to wait until next Monday
Originally Posted by jackytoo
That is tough, did they know before they got to the Port? It was very windy last night, I live about 45 mins from Portsmouth
I was also booked on Pompey\Bilbao ferry for Thurs 15th, more cost effective than the 1000 mile (or whatever) drive thru France.
Was really looking forward to the trip as I enjoy a bit of choppy stuff.

They contacted all those booked on the 13th to say that even the Roscoff section had been cancelled but were at one time offering straight crossings to the other French ports.
Needless to say, but Eurotunnel are charging more than normal for the 20min trip under the sea. £163 at the moment.

driving gloves out now.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domino
I was also booked on Pompey\Bilbao ferry for Thurs 15th, more cost effective than the 1000 mile (or whatever) drive thru France.
Was really looking forward to the trip as I enjoy a bit of choppy stuff.

They contacted all those booked on the 13th to say that even the Roscoff section had been cancelled but were at one time offering straight crossings to the other French ports.
Needless to say, but Eurotunnel are charging more than normal for the 20min trip under the sea. £163 at the moment.

driving gloves out now.
They do that every time the weather is bad........... I have done that drive 8 times in 4 years, so I know what is ahead of you. Drive save and loads of breaks - between wife and me we could do door to door in 24 hours, but would not recommended it.

Don

Last edited by DonQuixote; Dec 15th 2011 at 4:26 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:55 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Sat by the coast today on the Gosport side looking over to Pompey watching the ferries going to and from the Isle of Wight, even the hovercraft was running. Although the sea looked a bit choppy it wasn't too bad, maybe worse further out at sea Cold but nice and sunny today
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lionda
Sat by the coast today on the Gosport side looking over to Pompey watching the ferries going to and from the Isle of Wight, even the hovercraft was running. Although the sea looked a bit choppy it wasn't too bad, maybe worse further out at sea Cold but nice and sunny today
You wait until tonight........................................... .......

Don
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:39 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

You wait until tonight........................................... .......

Don
Watched the forecast on the local news ... doesn't look too good
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

They do that every time the weather is bad........... I have done that drive 8 times in 4 years, so I know what is ahead of you. Drive save and loads of breaks - between wife and me we could do door to door in 24 hours, but would not recommended it.

Don
did the full land trip in March and wife and I took turns but only did abt 250m each and then overnite, so took 3 days. It had its moments, but this time I will have to pace myself a little bit more as i will be alone.

how do Brittany Ferries make a profit if they are continually pulling the sailings, they will have overheads. presumably the costings take X missed sailings into account.

got some new driving gloves....
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Having looked at the local paper there are supposed to be swells of up to 9 metres. The wind, at the moment, is horrendous. Our electric keeps cutting out as well. Cancelling the voyage must be a Brittany ferries thing because when P&O were running the Portsmouth to Bilbao route they sailed in kinds of conditions - including a trip back to Bilabo which took us an extra 10 hours sailing time because of the bad weather.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:05 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Don

1.we've been here just over 8 years - I took my watch off 7 years ago - even with 2 kids and school, and now that I work, I haven't worn one again

2. hmmm - you'll be surprised how efficient Spain & it's so-called mañana attitude can actually be

3. I have found that I rarely need my pain medication now

4. still working on that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.