Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Thursdays ferry has been cancelled due to bad weather. Have friends who were going on it, and now they have to wait until next Monday
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:19 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

That is tough, did they know before they got to the Port? It was very windy last night, I live about 45 mins from Portsmouth
Old Dec 13th 2011, 3:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The forecast for Thursday is really bad. If you add to that that it has been blowing a severe gale in the Bay of Biscay for three days by Thursday the sea state will be seriously bad.

There is no way I would want to be on a ferry out in that lot!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 4:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The forecast for Thursday is really bad. If you add to that that it has been blowing a severe gale in the Bay of Biscay for three days by Thursday the sea state will be seriously bad.

There is no way I would want to be on a ferry out in that lot!
Pleased I brought my booking forward a week when I hear that.
I'm now safely back in the UK after an exceptionally smooth trip.
The Bay of Biscay was like a Millpond.

Much to my surprise and that of the crew my previous return trip in early June was pretty darned rough.

Pretty darned rough up here in the N.E.at present.
Gale force winds and snow showers.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That is tough, did they know before they got to the Port? It was very windy last night, I live about 45 mins from Portsmouth
Yes, it is / was this coming Thursdays sailing
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:23 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Pleased I brought my booking forward a week when I hear that.
I'm now safely back in the UK after an exceptionally smooth trip.
The Bay of Biscay was like a Millpond.

Much to my surprise and that of the crew my previous return trip in early June was pretty darned rough.

Pretty darned rough up here in the N.E.at present.
Gale force winds and snow showers.
Our crossing on Saturday was calm too - (and our one in June was rough!).
Timed it right!

It is cold, dark, rainy, windy, gloomy and FREEZING here in the MIdlands. No snow though.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 5:33 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about 10 miles from Portsmouth, along the coast in Worthing and...... No, I wouldnt want to sail there right now, Its treacherous. Storm force winds, heavy rain, floods, trees across roads and structural damage, We've lost two ridge tiles and a fence! Thursday is promising to be even worse!

Jo xxx
Old Dec 13th 2011, 6:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Our crossing on Saturday was calm too - (and our one in June was rough!).
Timed it right!
Same one out of Bilbao,I presume.
I was in a dog friendly cabin on deck 9, wandering on the top deck with a jack russell at midnight when I was quite surprised to sight land on the left side.
Apparently they have just altered the route to take a short cut inside one of the French islands off Brest.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 6:58 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Same one out of Bilbao,I presume.
I was in a dog friendly cabin on deck 9, wandering on the top deck with a jack russell at midnight when I was quite surprised to sight land on the left side.
Apparently they have just altered the route to take a short cut inside one of the French islands off Brest.
Yes, it was the Bilbao ferry. We too were surprised to see land and get a French signal on our phones! (Husband says the land was on the starboard side though?). We were on Deck 8.

I think I saw you though Dick. while we were waiting to get on the boat, I saw a man walking a Jack Russell.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 7:15 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by scampicat
Yes, it was the Bilbao ferry. We too were surprised to see land and get a French signal on our phones! (Husband says the land was on the starboard side though?). We were on Deck 8.

I think I saw you though Dick. while we were waiting to get on the boat, I saw a man walking a Jack Russell.
Possibly, I'm not too hard to spot.

There were some islands off the starboard side but the largest one, Ushant, was on the port side.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:14 am
Just Joined

DonQuixote is an unknown quantity at this point

We heading out on the 22nd hope the weather is sorted by then - wife and 2 x cats will not be happy!!!

Don
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonQuixote
We heading out on the 22nd hope the weather is sorted by then - wife and 2 x cats will not be happy!!!

Don
The forecast looks good - it should have settled down by then.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

DonQuixote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
The forecast looks good - it should have settled down by then.
Fingers crossed - a new life for us - leaving the rat race UK - been planing it for 4 years................

Don
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Santander / Portsmouth Ferry Cancelled

Fingers crossed - a new life for us - leaving the rat race UK - been planing it for 4 years................

Don
Welcome you should enjoy it on here and over here.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:18 pm
Senior Moment

Don
Good luck DQ, where (which area) are you moving to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.