Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Santander - Kent County Council

Santander - Kent County Council

Old May 22nd 2012, 5:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santander - Kent County Council

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
To show all these ratings agencies and investment "experts" need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt:

Investment banks expects 50% rise in Santander stock value

http://www.thecorner.eu/2012/05/gold...antander-bbva/
Pinch of salt indeed.

Are you aware that Goldman Sachs is hired by Santander ???

Maybe what it should read is Goldman Sachs HOPES for a 50% rise in Santa.stock value.

Cloud Cuckoo land again Steve.
Old May 22nd 2012, 5:56 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Pinch of salt indeed.

Are you aware that Goldman Sachs is hired by Santander ???

Maybe what it should read is Goldman Sachs HOPES for a 50% rise in Santa.stock value.

Cloud Cuckoo land again Steve.
You're the one who's criticising Santander, no matter what links are given - as I stated earlier you had a go at their customer service (fair enough) but then still complained when the Telegraph reoprt showed they'd made major improvements. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...A-figures.html Keep your pre-determined position. all the reports I've seen that give facts, percentages, and figures indicate that it's a very well run bank financially. Despite all that, if an article or report publishes facts or figures that show it doesn't in fact operate in the following manner, then I'll start to believe the criticisms. Until then, I'm afraid I see you as having an emotional attachment to seeing a Spanish success (as compared to big UK banks) undone.

At the same time, costs at Santander (sahn-tahn-DARE) account for only 40¢ for every dollar of revenue, while German competitor Deutsche Bank (DB) spends 65¢, and super-efficient HSBC (HBC) spends 55¢. Key to cost savings has been Santander's state-of-the-art computer system, dubbed Parthenon, which has slashed back-office expenses at all its subsidiaries
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:18 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Dick. I wouldn't touch Santander with a bargepole in either country. Lots of people on forums are saying they have moved their money out. A state of the art system means FA in the big scheme.
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:26 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I agree with Dick. I wouldn't touch Santander with a bargepole in either country. Lots of people on forums are saying they have moved their money out. A state of the art system means FA in the big scheme.
If you're unhappy with Santander in the UK by all means move your money to Lloyds, RBS, HBOS or whoever. I fail to see how it's any the safer (those banks I mentioned already went down the pan), unless you have more than 85k. As Martin Lewis and other commentators state - the govt will have to honour its commitment, else panic brings the whole banking system down. They won't necessarily have to provide the money either, as they could just nationalise or sell for a discount to another bank.
Of course if you're talking about a Euro account (and remember there is a EU guarantee) that is a different issue, and depends on whether you think the value in Euros will keep going down or not. I wouldn't claim to know either way for sure.
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:28 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Incidentally there's always someone around who was with Northern Rock when they had their difficulties, and came out smiling. They had extremely high interest rates at one point (was it 7 or 8%) and the govt intervention meant those who stayed with the bank ended up quids in. It must have been nerve wracking at the time though.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so long ago that Goldman Sachs was downgrading Santander.

They get a contact from them and hey, magic, acracadabra,... their value is suddenly going to double or something of the sort.

Pull the other one Steve, it's got bells on,.... and a tip,...before you try pulling any more rabbits out of the hat,...first look carefully for vested interests,....as your credibility is starting to look just about as dodgy as most of those links you dredge up.

Amazing how the odd million or two here and there can turn someones point of view on its head, don't you think ?