Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Santander customer service

Santander customer service

Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:35 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Santander customer service

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...ike-Senor.html

Ignore for a sec that this article comes from the Daily Hate but it's true that watchdog Which? rate the bank the worst in Britain as regards service to the customer.

I have no personal experience but A&L (Santander owned) were dreadfully arrogant and demanding when I enquired about opening an offshore account with them. I've read/heard lots of negative stories.

How is it in Spain, anyone on here bank with them?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Santander customer service

Originally Posted by expatasia
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...ike-Senor.html

Ignore for a sec that this article comes from the Daily Hate but it's true that watchdog Which? rate the bank the worst in Britain as regards service to the customer.

I have no personal experience but A&L (Santander owned) were dreadfully arrogant and demanding when I enquired about opening an offshore account with them. I've read/heard lots of negative stories.

How is it in Spain, anyone on here bank with them?
I bank with them in Spain. I've had no problems, in fact they were the only helpful ones when we wanted to set up our accounts when we first arrived. And we have a no comission account which is important.

In Spain the individual branches have a bit more freedom in terms of managing the client relationship, so if you get on well with the person at the branch then if you have any problems you just call the direct line to him/her. Much better than having to call callcentres.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

I swear by Solbank & honestly canot say one bad word about them
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:06 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

I open a account with them 9yrs ago when i live there. Its taken me 2yrs to shut the friggin account. as usall long story.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:23 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have an account with Solbank, probably the most expensive bank on the costa. Did manage to close it down staright away, just went in and said I was fed up of their crappy bank and they asked for my cards, signed a form, took the money....fin
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:28 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I bank with them in Spain. I've had no problems, in fact they were the only helpful ones when we wanted to set up our accounts when we first arrived. And we have a no comission account which is important.

In Spain the individual branches have a bit more freedom in terms of managing the client relationship, so if you get on well with the person at the branch then if you have any problems you just call the direct line to him/her. Much better than having to call callcentres.
No idea regarding their UK branches, but I've found their personal service at local Spanish branches over the past 18 years to be very good, often very willing to give assistance and advice on matters way outside the normal scope of banking.

I think much depends on having a good trusting relationship with the local staff,... much as it used to be once upon a time in the UK, many,many moons ago, in a long forgotten age.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

julie13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have found the customer service at Solbank outstanding and would be happy to pay for that.Santander service ok in Spain but when enquiring in uk service was pretty awful.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I used to have an account with Solbank, probably the most expensive bank on the costa. Did manage to close it down staright away, just went in and said I was fed up of their crappy bank and they asked for my cards, signed a form, took the money....fin
Solbank offer free banking if you deposit more than €750 each month and have 3 DD's............... of which they refund 3% each month! Find me a bank a/c that rivals that & I'll switch
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Don't open a Santander account in the U.K their service is terrible. Abbey was o.k. but since Santander took over it's gone downhill (what a surprise.....)