Sanitas scam

Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:15 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sanitas scam

I am told that one must attend a Sanitas office with photo ID before any treatment will be authorised. Apparently there have been many assuming a.n.other's ID to get private health care they have not paid for.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sanitas scam

I don't know if it is "must" but we certainly did.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 3:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I am told that one must attend a Sanitas office with photo ID before any treatment will be authorised. Apparently there have been many assuming a.n.other's ID to get private health care they have not paid for.
Nothing new.
It's been going on for years, I've seen it myself.

As long as the private clinics have enough valid vouchers signed by the holder on which they can make their big fat claims, many of them care not a toss if the insured and the patient are not one and the same.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 4:11 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

The scam may not be new, but the requirement to attend the Sanitas office with photo ID prior to authorisation of the treatment is.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 4:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
The scam may not be new, but the requirement to attend the Sanitas office with photo ID prior to authorisation of the treatment is.
Quite understandable, though they were a bit slow in shutting the stable door.

On the other hand is it reasonable to expect patients in need of rapid or emergency treatment to be unnecessarily delayed passing through red tape beforehand ?

Surely there must be a better way ?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

When I was admitted to hospital at 3am I had to produce my Sanitas card and photograhic ID at the hospital. How could anyone in need of emergency care have to go to a Sanitas office first? Are they even open at 3am?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:19 am
Started off with nothing

Obviously I was talking about non emergency treatment. Anyone should receive treatment and normally in an emergency you would be taken to A&E at a state hospital.
When I received emergency treatment they sorted out the paperwork, much later.

Last edited by missile; Jan 22nd 2013 at 11:23 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

Even for a simple out patient appointment her indoors just had to produce her Sanitas card and passport at the hospital. This was 2 weeks ago.