S1's

Old May 8th 2013, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Gallois - lost in Spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S1's

Good evening we have now moved from France and the differences are so enormous but another topic for another time. One thing that does get up my nose are their postal services. However we now live in Spain not France so just get on with it. However paying a premium of some 100% to post a letter to the UK is in my mind a criminal offence but of course the national system is perhaps a little problematical.

We have S1's from Newcastle covering us from France to Spain. Where please in Javea do we have to go to register the documents. We have NIE and the like and are ticking everything off the list.

We need to enrol in their health system (please) I am sure when all the bits and pieces are in place we will be happy? After 18 years in France it is a bit difficult
thanks
Old May 8th 2013, 7:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1's

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 8th 2013, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gallois - lost in Spain
Good evening we have now moved from France and the differences are so enormous but another topic for another time. One thing that does get up my nose are their postal services. However we now live in Spain not France so just get on with it. However paying a premium of some 100% to post a letter to the UK is in my mind a criminal offence but of course the national system is perhaps a little problematical.

We have S1's from Newcastle covering us from France to Spain. Where please in Javea do we have to go to register the documents. We have NIE and the like and are ticking everything off the list.

We need to enrol in their health system (please) I am sure when all the bits and pieces are in place we will be happy? After 18 years in France it is a bit difficult
thanks
We have just done this. Are you pensioners? If so I might be able to help you with the details of the process from our experience.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:37 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
you have to go to Denia to register as resident first - then the INSS to get SS numbers & then register on the padrón in Jávea at the Portal del Clot offices ........... then you can register at one of the 2 centros de salud in Javea
Old May 9th 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Hi we have done the Denia bit and have NIE's. We have the S1's from Newcastle and are both over 65. What we do next and where we go in Javea is a mystery. Some say go to the building (next to the urgence) by the underground car park. Others say to the town hall (do not know where that is).

An idiots guide to what we do and where we go would really be appreciated.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:56 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we have done the Denia bit and have NIE's. We have the S1's from Newcastle and are both over 65. What we do next and where we go in Javea is a mystery. Some say go to the building (next to the urgence) by the underground car park. Others say to the town hall (do not know where that is).

You say you have NIE's but you don't say if you have the 'residencias' - they are different as Lynnxa was saying.

You have to find the INSS office and then go to the address in Javea as per the previous post.
Old May 9th 2013, 7:07 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

for anyone wanting to find out where offices of the INSS (instituto nacional de seguridad social) are then
http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/Oficinas/index.htm
is a good place to start

for your specific requirement in Denia suggest you start at
http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...=1&Ini=0&Org=S

which shows an office at
Paseo Saladar, 41
03700 DENIA(ALICANTE )
Teléfono(s): 96 6426004
Nº de Fax: 96 6425017
Oficina de Registro de Certificados Digitales
http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/...&Ini=0&Org=S#2

however, they may refer you to another office for the handling of the S1. This is where they will take in the S1, give you a copy having a rubber stamp on it, so that the original can be passed on to "central" - where they communicate with DWP who eventually will send you a letter confirming it, as will INSS. In the meantime your stamped copy is your authorisation to make use of the spanish medical system. This means you can register with a doctor - but do not give them your EHIC to play with, say you haven't got one.

as part of the Idiots Guide - remember that national organisations such as INSS are totally independent of the town hall and usually would rather be seen dead than having any relationship with them.

hth

Last edited by Domino; May 9th 2013 at 7:12 am.
Old May 9th 2013, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Hi and thanks. Have just been here for days (literally) help in general directional terms would be great. Just simply know the supermarkets and the post office that is the extent of our knowledge.
Old May 9th 2013, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Again thanks the first link is nation wide with no local details. We live in Javea so perhaps I will go to the Tourist office
Old May 9th 2013, 7:32 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Again thanks the first link is nation wide with no local details. We live in Javea so perhaps I will go to the Tourist office
I know the first link is nationwide - that is why I posted it, for others to use, although you could follow the links yourself to get to your nearest administration centre

I have given you a second link that will take you to the Alicante page from that first link, this will give you a page of local offices for the INSS in that area.

IIRC the last link is the map reference to the address I have given you

As to Tourismo - highly unlikely they will be able to help, you have made that big step and become a resident and your needs are far more deeper than that of a tourist. Although they usually do some very good maps of the town(s)

hth
Old May 9th 2013, 9:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

as Domino says, do you have NIEs or have you registered as resident? - you need to register as resident - you'll have a green A4 paper or maybe a card if you have

for the padrón you go to the Portal del Clot office which is near the Mercadona in the Old Town opposite Bookworld España

There are two Centros de Salud - the one you mention & one in the port - you can register at either - whichever is more convenient for you

Domino has given you the correct info for finding the INSS - I don't know Denia too well so can't help with directions - although I do know it's near where you'd have gone for the NIE

if you PM me I can put you in touch with some locals who help people with all the paperwork - they aren't gestores so don't charge as much, but they do interpreting & do the rounds of all the various offices with you
Old May 9th 2013, 12:16 pm

when I did all this at the beginning of 2012 I went toExtranjero and got an NIE, Social Security to get a number, then to Social Security to get a Medical Number.
And IIRC it seemed to be pouring down with rain everywhere I went.
Although I took my time, took away all the forms, ensured I had enough fotocopies of my passport and copies of all the forms I filled in, it took me about 3 weeks. Under ideal conditions it may be possible to do it in 3-4 days, but you have to be prepared to sit and wait in queues.

I didn't do the Padron until later in the year, without the NIE, SS and Medico numbers you can't move your pieces on the chess board. They are the primary identity. Nearly all of Spain's systems are based around the NIE, everyone in Government can access this and this then gives them their own department information.

I just wish the UK were the same - all you should need to do is quote your NI No and the doors should open, but it doesn't work.
And people say Spain is backward not in my experience.
Old May 9th 2013, 12:44 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
when I did all this at the beginning of 2012 I went toExtranjero and got an NIE, Social Security to get a number, then to Social Security to get a Medical Number.
And IIRC it seemed to be pouring down with rain everywhere I went.
Although I took my time, took away all the forms, ensured I had enough fotocopies of my passport and copies of all the forms I filled in, it took me about 3 weeks. Under ideal conditions it may be possible to do it in 3-4 days, but you have to be prepared to sit and wait in queues.

I didn't do the Padron until later in the year, without the NIE, SS and Medico numbers you can't move your pieces on the chess board. They are the primary identity. Nearly all of Spain's systems are based around the NIE, everyone in Government can access this and this then gives them their own department information.

I just wish the UK were the same - all you should need to do is quote your NI No and the doors should open, but it doesn't work.
And people say Spain is backward not in my experience.
So you've never bothered with your 'residencia' then?