Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Summer Flights, when to give up hope?

Ryanair Summer Flights, when to give up hope?

Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair Summer Flights, when to give up hope?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
It's a joke, it was on the news Saturday that R A are putting all the prices up so they can keep the fares low

It's going to be £60 if you don't have a boarding card, and they said all hold baggage is going up costing a family of 4 up to £3 or £400, to deter passengers from taking it so they can get a faster turn around and again keep fares down, so the fares may be the cheapest but the actual cost may be the worst, they are a joke, must think we are all stupid.

I can't find the link to this news but will take another look and post it if I find it.
I thought that was in the three months of this summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...e-charges.html
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I think Mitz you're obviously right that the onus is on us to conform to baggage, check in, boarding pass, etc, rules and not moan if WE get it wrong. There are, though, other issues with Ryanair which can't help but have an effect on people's view of them as an airline.
eg someone's observation about Mallorca/Spain stamp.
eg Mr o'L's proposed pay-toilet service.
eg - and this one gets me, and I heard it from a currently flying airline pilot from a carrier NOT in direct competition with RYR - their tendency to arrive over an airport, declare they're short on fuel so can't circle and wait for their slot, get allowed early landing, hence improving their flight time stats.
eg - shall I go on? Mr RYR's business acumen make much use of ....... how to put it..... being a bit fly (sorry) to say the least.
Please go on , because so far all you have told us is about what is your fault(spain stamp) something that is not true (paying for toilets) and something that you dont know is true (arriving at airports).

So yes please continue and lets see what the rest is you have.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:17 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpanishAngel
The last paragraph of that Independent article is interesting...

Ryanair claims the lowest average air fares in Europe: last year a typical flight cost £35. But in a snapshot of fares between London and Barcelona's main airport, departing on the first Saturday in August, Ryanair turned out more expensive than both its nearest rival, easyJet, and British Airways – even before baggage and other fees were added.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 2:23 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have found a few times that BA is cheaper than Easyjet. I think EJ and RA have some cheap lead in seats for advertising and then hike up the prices later.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 6:29 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I have found a few times that BA is cheaper than Easyjet. I think EJ and RA have some cheap lead in seats for advertising and then hike up the prices later.
Exactly..................Suckers
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

"Spare a thought for Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair'.......

Arriving in a hotel in Dublin , he went to the bar and asked for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O’Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland "

"That is re mark able value" Michael comments

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euro please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euro. - You could have pre-book the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of €4.00 for your seat sir"

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euro."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please." O'Leary's face was red with rage.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary,"

"I've had enough, What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager"

"Here is his E mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number.

Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cent per second"

"I will never use this bar again"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro".
Old Dec 16th 2011, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this wasn't someone famous's copyright..... just pinched to re-post! Brilliant!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It`s called supply and demand, we have seen the seat price go up 15 €`s in a few minutes and this was even after clearing the computers cache.
Never return to a previous booking without doing that or the price auto rises.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that is Ryanairs pricing model.

Its initial prices are not usually its lowest, so you can get some cheap flights quite close to your leaving date. I do travel outside of school holidays.
My latest flight was sold at a higher price a week before I purchased. They must use a computer programme that works on demand.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s called supply and demand, we have seen the seat price go up 15 €`s in a few minutes and this was even after clearing the computers cache.
Never return to a previous booking without doing that or the price auto rises.
Er, this sounds like a good tip but I don't actualy understand it! Please explain in words of one syllable? !!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Er, this sounds like a good tip but I don't actualy understand it! Please explain in words of one syllable? !!
I will try....

When you visit a website they load a cookie onto the history/cache of your computer.
Websites where you buy stuff and if you already have this cookie on your pc, when you go back to it again assume that you have been looking at other prices at different sites.
You have returned to their site so they assume other prices have been dearer, this is the chance for them to whack up the price in line with the other site.
You think, crap I should of bought that ticket before it went up ten euros.
So if you want to return and buy, always clear these cookies off your pc, then they think you are a newbie to their site.
In Firefox, click on the Firefox button (top left of screen) put cursor over history, then click "clear recent history" not sure about IE as I never use it, but will be similer, maybe "clear cache"
Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks! I might have figured that out, on the other hand possibly not anyway playing the helpless female card is doing well for me today. Tail and brake light bulb changed. No charge! Go me, go me...

Actually, thanks though. It might resolve argy bargies with OH about why prices seem to go up so quickly..!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Flying with Flybe for the first time in years and I don´t have to check in online or print a boarding card. How civilised.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Love him, or hate him, here's the boss addressing the EU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HYS...ayer_embedded#!
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 12:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Love him, or hate him, here's the boss addressing the EU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HYS...ayer_embedded#!
Excellent entertainment and a good laugh. He's certainly got the gift of the gab. Makes most of todays comedians look pathetic by comparison.
I loved the way he took the p!ss out of Brussels and exposed what a total shambles and waste of taxpayers money the whole damned EU gravy train really is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.