Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ryanair help please!

ryanair help please!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default ryanair help please!

my parents are over for a visit in june, and now they are taking my eldest daughter back with them to the uk for 2 weeks for a holiday.
Coz they have already booked their flights she has to be added but the website wont let you book a child on its own (shes not flying on her own but because they have already booked it looks as though she is, although she can fly on her own as she is 14) It says to make a telephone booking to add a child, but my mums been trying to ring and has been told the phone line has been closed due to cost cutting, anyone know if this is true or has she got it wrong?
She told me to ring our airport this end to book it, but i cant see how i can do that, surely it has to be ryanair directly that has to book it?
Hope someone can clear it up, it might be that she has got it a bit confused.
thanks in advance x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ryanair help please!

hhhmmm, or could i just book her online as an adult i wonder? dont want to do it if they'll get turned away once they get to the airport.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
hhhmmm, or could i just book her online as an adult i wonder? dont want to do it if they'll get turned away once they get to the airport.
Not sure, but when you get it sorted they may need a letter from you to take her out the country.
If you live near the airport it might pay you to pop into the desk and book it from there.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Not sure, but when you get it sorted they may need a letter from you to take her out the country.
If you live near the airport it might pay you to pop into the desk and book it from there.
Yes i will need to write a letter for her, when my husbands son comes to visit he has to have a letter of consent from his mother for him to travel with his dad. I live quite a wa from the airport thats why i dont really want to go down there, it'll takes a good hour to get there from here. I've got friends going to the airport next week so i could see if they can ask while they are there i suppose.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

me again
my mum has been ringing the premium rate number now, at £1 a minute, everytime they answer they hang straight up, so shes rang 5 times at a cost of £5 and still hasnt spoken to anyone, thats disgusting. She's rung trading standards about it now, and my daughter still hasnt got on their flight
I'll stop boring everyone with it now, just wanted to rant lol
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:58 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We had the same last year my son was 15 and couldnt book him a ticket on line.
Book your child and your self a ticket and then you dont use yours sometimes it is cheaper than booking direct at the airport.
You can call the airport and book a ticket for a minor we did it last year but it was expensive around 40 pounds one way than the online price,
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gallerie9
We had the same last year my son was 15 and couldnt book him a ticket on line.
Book your child and your self a ticket and then you dont use yours sometimes it is cheaper than booking direct at the airport.
You can call the airport and book a ticket for a minor we did it last year but it was expensive around 40 pounds one way than the online price,
my mum drove to the airport ad booked it at the desk, did cost more, and the bloke at the desk said they have laid off everyone on the phones, and they are also gonna get rid of the airport desk soon so the only way to book will be online.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
my mum drove to the airport ad booked it at the desk, did cost more, and the bloke at the desk said they have laid off everyone on the phones, and they are also gonna get rid of the airport desk soon so the only way to book will be online.
Next thing they will be moving the booking site to India. ;-((
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

That's the cost of cheap flight.

If you don't like it, pay thru the nose for full service, I guess.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
That's the cost of cheap flight.

If you don't like it, pay thru the nose for full service, I guess.
Squeezy is cheap, but a lot better customer relations and less ripoffs.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:54 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is, only Ryan takes me from Stansted to Jerez.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:53 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Well we have used it the Stanstead to Jerez all the time and really I cant fault them. the last time my son was going back to the UK on his own for the first time. He was allright well didnt want to leave his mum...... any way it just so happened that there were two flights that night to Stansted from Jerez one was late and the other early meaning they were going at a simlar time I was worried , He would be a bit up tight not knowing which flight he was to take. We went to the desk and explained the situation, and they gave me a boarding card to go and make sure he was on the plane safely, I stayed with him in the departure lounge until they boarded the staff and the gate made sure he was OK. They were really good I cant fault them honest