Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ryanair flights....

ryanair flights....

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default ryanair flights....

hello there

this may be a dumb question but just checking....
i booked some flights to spain for the end of this month and now it turns out we can stay for longer,
so i rang ryanair and to change it and they would charge us £40 per way each. we only wanna change one way,
But to buy 2 tickets back (one way) 3/4 days after it would cost us 50 euros for both of us-
now the question is, it doenst matter if i dont use the flights back right?

only asking cause when i enquired about not using the return in the ferry last xmas they said they would charge my credit card with the difference it wold be to buy just a single (it was some return offer thing) if we didnt get on the boat back.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ryanair flights....

come on guys... i know its a bit of a boring post... but...
anyone??
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't make any difference whether you use the return or not, if you turn up late and miss the plane as you could, then it wouldn't bother them would it? Afterall they still have your money for the empty seats.

To double check ring the call centre (if you can get a reply!) and let them know you intend to travel only one way ( spin them a story if they ask why) they will be happy to keep your money and also re-offer the seats for sale, this is how they operate. You will not be entitled to any refund even if they do re-sell your seats.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

No problem not taking the return leg on your flights - because you never actually book a return but two single fares (unlike your ferry trip which is a special return rate). Have done it several times myself, much to the benefit of Rypoff-air and Squeezy-jet.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:00 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

We have booked returned flights and then not used the homeward flight because of one reason or another, and then just booked single flight back when we have needed them. Our Kids are alway doing it as it is cheaper in most cases to book new flights then change existing ones.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

cool, thanks!!!
i thought that would be the case, just wanted to double check after the ferry shocker

thats the thing, if we simply change the dates with them we will be paying £80 extra as opposed to 50 euros.... no contest there really!!

Looks like may have to get extra baggage allowance for the extra few days now tho!
so many shoes such little allowance!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:10 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by featherbum
cool, thanks!!!
i thought that would be the case, just wanted to double check after the ferry shocker

thats the thing, if we simply change the dates with them we will be paying £80 extra as opposed to 50 euros.... no contest there really!!

Looks like may have to get extra baggage allowance for the extra few days now tho!
so many shoes such little allowance!
No I had the same last year it was easier to book my son a two way trip as he was 15 I didnt use his outward ticket just his return
Wher you going to go to then ? are you doing a look around yet for your move ?
Sharon
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gallerie9
No I had the same last year it was easier to book my son a two way trip as he was 15 I didnt use his outward ticket just his return
Wher you going to go to then ? are you doing a look around yet for your move ?
Sharon

Ah we are just going home (san sebastian) to finish up the wedding plans, not long to go now, as we are getting married in august!!!

Been applying for jobs in the south area but no luck yet- we are wondering whether we are not being taken seriously with our applications as we are not in the country yet...