Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryan Air pulling out of Almeria

Ryan Air pulling out of Almeria

Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryan Air pulling out of Almeria

Although it doesn´t affect us I have just read that they are considering this option from November due to lack of passenger numbers and airport tax. My apologies if this has already been reported here.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryan Air pulling out of Almeria

Easyjet also pulling the plug on one of their routes which affects me quite badly

Sorry should also add Monarch are pulling the plug on Granada to Gatwick in November
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:23 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Although it doesn´t affect us I have just read that they are considering this option from November due to lack of passenger numbers and airport tax. My apologies if this has already been reported here.
do you know whick airports this is going to affect .
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Almeria is our closest airport and from what we can work out its the stansted and dublin flights to almeria that are affected, they look like they have cancelled winter flights but should resume again next year.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenba
do you know whick airports this is going to affect .
This is the Almeria to Stansted route
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Canguro is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Ryan Air pulling out of Almeria

Ryanair are also ending their London Stansted to Vitoria route next Thursday (25Oct) due to low passenger numbers. Rumours also mentioning contractual problems with the local govt/airport authorities. Shame for me, ah well, back up to Bilbao...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that rather than expanding the low cost airlines seem just to be cutting back. If that happens surely prices will rise.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

It seems to me that rather than expanding the low cost airlines seem just to be cutting back. If that happens surely prices will rise.
I think this is inevitable and not good news for us generally. But given global warming and the price of oil, the days of cheap air travel are numbered and it's something we will all need to get used to.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

barcapat is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the last few years, the budget airlines have been expanding their fleets and the services they provide, ever seeking new obscure airports to fly to. However, at the same time, they've also been chopping out any routes where they've encountered problems, either due to low traffic, local authority disputes, national disputes, employee disputes etc.
Its not the end of cheap air travel, its just the way the business works.

I'm a great fan of Easyjet, Ryanair and the like, mainly for the reason they forced the big airlines to bring their prices right down. For example, I can now fly BA between Barcelona and London Heathrow for less than 100 GBP all included. Excellent value on a proper airline. The same flight with one of the budget airlines is usually a little bit lower, maybe 80 quid but you end up in somewhere like Stansted or Luton.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barcapat
Over the last few years, the budget airlines have been expanding their fleets and the services they provide, ever seeking new obscure airports to fly to. However, at the same time, they've also been chopping out any routes where they've encountered problems, either due to low traffic, local authority disputes, national disputes, employee disputes etc.
Its not the end of cheap air travel, its just the way the business works.

I'm a great fan of Easyjet, Ryanair and the like, mainly for the reason they forced the big airlines to bring their prices right down. For example, I can now fly BA between Barcelona and London Heathrow for less than 100 GBP all included. Excellent value on a proper airline. The same flight with one of the budget airlines is usually a little bit lower, maybe 80 quid but you end up in somewhere like Stansted or Luton.
I would sooner land at Stansted than Heathrow. ;-))
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

yeah, I suppose its all a question of perspective/location on these things

funny thing is, I've been using Heathrow Airport very regularly for the last 6 years and never had a problem, except for the odd queue here and there, oh, and a bit of a fog issue last christmas, but they cant really help that one

should be great when Terminal 5 is opened up
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:52 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Hi- Interesting and the other thread about EasyJet...

Where has this info' come from ??

should be great when Terminal 5 is opened up
... not if you live near there !!! - Dilemma ? more cheap flights or more pollution - the greedy me says YEP cheap flights !!! Yahooooo !!!! but my conscience says this can't go on !!! (maybe a new Thread over a beer)
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:44 am
Just Joined

T5 is more about updating the facilities on offer at Heathrow Airport, rather than providing more/cheaper flights. For years, Heathrow has been lagging behind other major European Airports, like Frankfurt, Schiphol and now even Madrid.

As London is probably only second to New York in world commerce, it has to have a big, modern Airport nearby. Its a shame for the residents nearby too, but its a fact of life. I used to live fairly nearby, in Langley, and it never really caused a problem, in fact I used to love watching/hearing Concorde flying over , but I suppose we weren't under the flight path Where my brother worked, even nearer to the airport in Colnbrook, Concorde nearly always set the car alarms off, sending everyone dashing into the carpark to turn them off again.