Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rule Brittania!!!

Rule Brittania!!!

Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:38 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Rule Brittania!!!

Britain is now most powerful nation on earth

The empire is gone and we no longer rule the waves. But Britain is once again the most powerful nation on earth, according to a new survey, when it comes to "soft power". From Danny Boyle's inspiring Olympic opening ceremony, to 22 No 1 albums overseas, to Andy Murray's long hoped-for first Grand Slam title, Britain projects more positive influence around the world than any other nation.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rule Brittania!!!

Just shows you can conduct a survey to prove anything you like really. Obviously not leading the way in spelling.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 12:38 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

they are right about Britain not ruling the waves - Spain has more ships than the Royal Navy, just the RN has more firepower in a single Daring than their combined might.

`
Old Nov 19th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
Just shows you can conduct a survey to prove anything you like really. Obviously not leading the way in spelling.
Just trying to justify spending all that money on the Olympics etc?

Reminds me of when Blair got elected and was pushing all that "Cool Britannia" stuff. But at least we had some decent bands around then ...

(EDIT - Spice Girls excluded!!!)
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca

Reminds me of when Blair got elected and was pushing all that "Cool Britannia" stuff. But at least we had some decent bands around then ...

(EDIT - Spice Girls excluded!!!)
all rubber bands keep returning, but perish in the end

Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
all rubber bands keep returning, but perish in the end

Too cryptic for me Dom ...
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I admit to being one of those who was very sceptical about another UK Olympics, however it has to be said that it was a great success and has done the country nothing but good in the eyes of the World and hopefully along with that brought quite a lot of goodwill.

It's twenty years since Barcelona held the Olympice yet they are still reaping the rewards today.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:50 pm

Too cryptic for me Dom ...
there and I thought that bands returning like a rubber ball, would tickle you as the Spice Girls did a gig at Olympics

but if you remember, rubber bands deteriorate with time and perish.

oh dear, I must forget my cryptography when talking to civvies.

kr

`
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:02 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

there and I thought that bands returning like a rubber ball, would tickle you as the Spice Girls did a gig at Olympics

kr

`
Just wondering what you're on tonight Dom ?

Anyway,make mine a bucketful.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Just wondering what you're on tonight Dom ?

Anyway,make mine a bucketful.

trying to work out why when I have a rioja in the local bars it tastes better than the stuff I buy from shops.
oh dear, feel another one coming on

`
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kr

`
Ah yes, I remember their display of synchronised yelling. They are more plastic than rubber though (and not as long-lasting!)
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:46 am
On the road again.

Ah yes, I remember their display of synchronised yelling. They are more plastic than rubber though (and not as long-lasting!)
Sounded like they had the rubber bands wrapped tight around their throats to me.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Sounded like they had the rubber bands wrapped tight around their throats to me.
you make me glad I didn't watch/listen to the Extravaganza Closing Ceremony one of our forum colleagues was creaming his pants about.