Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Xmas shoe box appeal

Xmas shoe box appeal

Old Oct 26th 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future
Default Xmas shoe box appeal

Hi-
Can anyone help with delivery of approx 30 xmas shoe boxes!
from UK to Marquesado Cadiz before Kings day.
our Uk childrens charity are hoping to send the xmas shoe boxes to our
village, for the less well off children in Marquesado.

http://www.rayof-sunshine.com/
Old Oct 26th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas shoe box appeal

What a lovely thought - sorry I can't help, but I hope you find someone who can!
Old Oct 27th 2012, 9:46 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wht a great idea to get a villa refurbished
Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Wht a great idea to get a villa refurbished
Dear Jackytoo,
Sorry to disappoint you, but the villa is not in need of refurbishment
reform/modernization etc-
If it was it would be against the charity commission rules and regulations
to do so.
As you seem to have concerns over our motives in sending deserving
children and their families on a well deserved sunshine holiday
(20 in our first 6 months)
Maybe you would like to donate your own Villa/flat/time-share etc-
for free holidays to our service men and women injured serving our country.
Please feel free to get in touch, we would be more than willing to help
with Flights/car hire/ starter packs etc-
David n Dee.
ps- the Xmas shoe box, is our way to say thank you, to the local
people of our village who have made all our guest more than welcome
during their stay at the villa.

http://www.rayof-sunshine.com/

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/co...iday-1-4840757

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...y-disease.html

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/wallofhonour.html
Old Oct 27th 2012, 5:49 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You say in your statement that all profits go to "maintaining and improving" the Villa....does the charity own the villa in it's name? Are your accounts available?

Personally I don't think this forum should allow requests for donations from any "charity". It is wide open to abuse and catches the vunerable.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Jackytoo,
It seems you are very much against anything to do with
charity’s, I will try to answer your questions.
Maintenance/ Improvements.
1) General upkeep – Caretaker/gardener/pool cleaner/cleaner
Repairs and renewals furniture/ fixtures and fittings.
2) Improvements -
http://www.rayof-sunshine.com/holiday/plans

A pool cover.
A children’s playground.
As stated before (20 in 6 months )
our 1st year ending will be in 6 months.

All we are asking for is, if someone was travelling to Spain
Before kings day. And had room to deliver approx 30 shoe boxes.

If this request offends anyone, then I would like the webmaster to
remove this post.
Jackytoo, My offer still stands, quote (Maybe you would like to donate
your own villa/flat/time-share etc- to our service men and women
injured serving our country, please free to get in touch,
we would be more than willing to help with flights/car-hire starter packs etc-)
David n Dee.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 7:13 pm
Banned

If i had a villa that was empty part of the year I would be very happy for some genuine people to have use of it if said gardens, pool covers and anything else was paid for by a charity...so who owns the villa then Anyway you will certainly get some cred turning up with all the shoeboxes...
Old Oct 27th 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

I now give up with you!! the villa is for charity use only!
never been rented and never will be.! (not even used by the owners)

I just hope your neighbour does not fall on bad times, and
comes knocking on your door for a bag of rice to feed his children.!
God help him.
Dave n Dee.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

Thank you for answering my question. It is important for charities to be transparent and accountable. So the villa is in private ownership.

Your last statement is pathetic, if you are trawlng the web for donations you should be willlng for people to ask questions about their concerns

Your charity number does not seem to be recognised by the Charity commission, why is that?

Last edited by jackytoo; Oct 27th 2012 at 9:19 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

funinthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud offuninthesun has much to be proud of

Dave and Dee, Is this property currently for sale and was it your home until recently returning to the UK. If this info. is not correct please forgive me if it is the property I have been told about please be upfront.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Neither does the charity Ray of Sunshine appear on the Charity Commission site.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

el sid is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a bit unsure as to why these people are being given such a hard time.

I know for a fact that people have been given holidays in the villa concerned and that a group of volunteers in the area help out.

The shoe boxes sound a great idea. Let's hope someone is able to help as I'm sure they will be very much appreciated,
Old Oct 28th 2012, 3:18 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

You say in your statement that all profits go to "maintaining and improving" the Villa....does the charity own the villa in it's name? Are your accounts available?

Personally I don't think this forum should allow requests for donations from any "charity". It is wide open to abuse and catches the vunerable.
Dear Jackytoo
I think you are too much up your own **rse and should lighten up
with Christmas coming just for once show a bit of charity to those not so fortunate as you to have a jet-setting lifestyle and living on expenses all the time.

I expect at least two shoe boxes from you, even if they are the Jimmy or Hermes variety - contribute girl even if it is some of your unused bling, someone somewhere will want to give a few €uros for it

x
Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:36 pm
Banned

You do realise I was a Charity account and auditor! You have no idea the tricks people get up to

Get away from the bleeding heart syndrome and a chance to take a pop at me and think for a change. Just because someone mentions the word Charideee doesn't make it cred Something not right about it. Why does the charity number on their website draw a blank on the Charity Commissions website. It all sounds a scam to me, just read back folks.

By charity law if the villa is not owned by the charity then the charity has to pay rent for use of said villa. If the villa is owned by an individual then the charities money cannot be used to improve the villa. Anyway I shall speak to the commissioners tomorrow
Old Oct 28th 2012, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise I was a Charity account and auditor! You have no idea the tricks people get up to
No idea what Dom said, but you tell him girl! I suspect you know a bit more about the game than he does. Personally I haven't a clue whether it's a genuine charity or not, hopefully it is, but if it's all legit they'll have no problems answering the questions raised.

Last edited by agoreira; Oct 28th 2012 at 5:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.