Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RTN Network ASDL

RTN Network ASDL

Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RTN Network ASDL

So with Europa there are none of the issues I hear about with Telitec? I hear that they limit downloads and that at times the speed drops terribly so they cant use it. I have a neighbour that can see the mast, but it just doesnt work properly all the time
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
So with Europa there are none of the issues I hear about with Telitec? I hear that they limit downloads and that at times the speed drops terribly so they cant use it. I have a neighbour that can see the mast, but it just doesnt work properly all the time
I have not had any problems, apart from the one I mentioned with Telafonica, which was resolved within 2hrs, however I am connected by landline. When I joined the speed was checked by a nice guy, who helped me set it up and there have been no problems and no download limits!!!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
I have not had any problems, apart from the one I mentioned with Telafonica, which was resolved within 2hrs, however I am connected by landline. When I joined the speed was checked by a nice guy, who helped me set it up and there have been no problems and no download limits!!!
Thats the problem. For me to get any improvement I need to go wireless, and I keep hearing horrible stories about it
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Thats the problem. For me to get any improvement I need to go wireless, and I keep hearing horrible stories about it
Looking at Post 13, It seems to me that you need to talk to Busters Mum.
I have friends who live at Tibi, they are wireless and don't have problems, but I don't know which company. I'm back in the U.K.for a week. When I get back I will make enquiries for future reference.

John
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Saxy
Looking at Post 13, It seems to me that you need to talk to Busters Mum.
Strangely, I am
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:45 am
Just Joined

820spain is an unknown quantity at this point

With Europa you get really good TV via a set top box with their 3mb ADSL for 20€ a month all in. The TV works without any problems and channel change times is very quick - a couple of seconds. Give them a call
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by 820spain
With Europa you get really good TV via a set top box with their 3mb ADSL for 20€ a month all in. The TV works without any problems and channel change times is very quick - a couple of seconds. Give them a call
You mean give YOU a call.
I don't appreciate underhand advertising, and although I might be considering Europa, this kind of thing would help to put me off
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
Have used RTN for over a year now and am very satisfied. I do pay for local calls but I get 120 free minutes of calls to UK. I pay for 6mb of broadband and with a speed test is usually up around the 5.5mb download speed which is probably better than what you would get for 6mb in UK. With local calls my monthly bill is around the €60 - €65 range which includes the 18% IVA. I get a bill for Adsl & phone every month online.

As a new client you may be able to push for free calls in Spain which would be a bonus.

Sorry can't help re the TV side.

Just changed to Jazztell we are getting regularly just under 9mb, 500 mins to UK a month, 60 mins to mobiles and free calls to spain, 43 euro a month inclusive IVA , very easy to change but a lot more out there now to choose from, Telefonica just priced themselves out of it, ñast monthly bill they threw at us was 100 euro, blimey
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:37 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

We lost Telefonica internet on a Friday, but still the fone available. Contacted the fault line in English and they didnt want to know, tried again on the Monday and they logged the call.
Foned every day until eventually a very competent engineer came out and changed the modem. (we told them it had no lights on it) he couldnt understand why it took 10days to fix a simple problem.
his tecky kit said we are getting 6mb but SpeedTest Mini says 2mb and SpeedTest full says 4mb

now looking for a refund for the time lost..........

moving shortly but have to stay with telefonica as there isnt a fone line to the house and they will have to install..
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Just changed to Jazztell we are getting regularly just under 9mb, 500 mins to UK a month, 60 mins to mobiles and free calls to spain, 43 euro a month inclusive IVA , very easy to change but a lot more out there now to choose from, Telefonica just priced themselves out of it, ñast monthly bill they threw at us was 100 euro, blimey
That looks good pwwm, hope to be moving shortly but will keep them in mind. What is their support line like & are they available though out Spain?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Drewgers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by polly.walker
I was contacted today by a rep from RTN Network (Round Town News).They were trying to get me to change to one of their ASDL/phone/TV pachages.I am with Telefonica at the moment.

Has anyone out their any experience of RTN Network services?
Thinking of joining them on their Broadband bundle (phone,TV,Internet). Did you join them and if you did how have you got on?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:50 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Drewgers
Thinking of joining them on their Broadband bundle (phone,TV,Internet). Did you join them and if you did how have you got on?

I didnt. My neighbour rang them as well and they couldnt deliver all the services that they were advertising ... TV seems to depend where you are
Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar have reduced their prices dramatically this year. The basic ADSL 10mb service is €19.90 plus the landline at around €17 including all national calls.

I was paying around €75 in total. After a phone call on 1004 they reduced it and I am now paying about €49 for everything including all calls in Spain including calls to mobiles and IVA. They also sent me a new free WiFi router.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I didnt. My neighbour rang them as well and they couldnt deliver all the services that they were advertising ... TV seems to depend where you are
The service that they can deliver depends on the capacity of Movistars telephone line. If you can get 3 Megs. (and they can test the line and tell you within minutes) TV should be OK.
I'm with 'Eoropa', have about 6 Megs delivered and their TV is fine, but I do use FilmOn for TV.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
a speed test is usually up around the 5.5mb download speed which is probably better than what you would get for 6mb in UK.
Luv it! I thought my UK package was getting expensive at £13.95 for 8mb unlimited, including 500mins of phone calls. And I bet it's slower than Spain's 8mb!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.