Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

RTN Network ASDL

RTN Network ASDL

Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RTN Network ASDL

I was contacted today by a rep from RTN Network (Round Town News).They were trying to get me to change to one of their ASDL/phone/TV pachages.I am with Telefonica at the moment.

Has anyone out their any experience of RTN Network services?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RTN Network ASDL

Originally Posted by polly.walker
I was contacted today by a rep from RTN Network (Round Town News).They were trying to get me to change to one of their ASDL/phone/TV pachages.I am with Telefonica at the moment.

I have heard good reports of the RTN service. There are also other companies offering the same thing, so it would be a good idea to compare prices.
I use Europa Network, and find the service excellent, but as with everything, a bit of haggling might save you some cash!
Certainly better than Telefonica!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
I have heard good reports of the RTN service. There are also other companies offering the same thing, so it would be a good idea to compare prices.
I use Europa Network, and find the service excellent, but as with everything, a bit of haggling might save you some cash!
Certainly better than Telefonica!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:45 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit at 65€ per month I am very tempted to move from Telefonica.

Graham
Old Oct 20th 2011, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I have to admit at 65€ per month I am very tempted to move from Telefonica.

Graham
Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 8:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

A friend locally used RTN for his internet (they wont do the TV thing up here) and is quite happy with it.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polly.walker

Have used RTN for over a year now and am very satisfied. I do pay for local calls but I get 120 free minutes of calls to UK. I pay for 6mb of broadband and with a speed test is usually up around the 5.5mb download speed which is probably better than what you would get for 6mb in UK. With local calls my monthly bill is around the €60 - €65 range which includes the 18% IVA. I get a bill for Adsl & phone every month online.

As a new client you may be able to push for free calls in Spain which would be a bonus.

Sorry can't help re the TV side.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
Have used RTN for over a year now and am very satisfied. I do pay for local calls but I get 120 free minutes of calls to UK. I pay for 6mb of broadband and with a speed test is usually up around the 5.5mb download speed which is probably better than what you would get for 6mb in UK. With local calls my monthly bill is around the €60 - €65 range which includes the 18% IVA. I get a bill for Adsl & phone every month online.

As a new client you may be able to push for free calls in Spain which would be a bonus.

PS. I also read the RTN online page by page.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74

I pay 65€ with telefonica so there does not seem any point in changing especially as the service is excellent.

Graham
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I pay 65€ with telefonica so there does not seem any point in changing especially as the service is excellent.

Graham
It's a question of what you are getting for your money though, how many megabites etc.
Telefonica fell well short in the comparison stakes!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Graham
You also have to take into account that if you have problems with any third party provider, Movistar will not be interested in helping you solve those problems.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
You also have to take into account that if you have problems with any third party provider, Movistar will not be interested in helping you solve those problems.
On the contrary, they are receiving a rental payment from RTN or Europa for the line and it is in their interest to keep things working. I use Europa and when I had a problem with my connection, it was sorted out very quickly by Telefonica. As I said in Post 2, service has been excellent!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if i'll get told off for this by the mods but here goes, if anyone has any questions about Europa pml me as i work for them, new mas just gone up so loads more coverage, also presentation at Monte Pego nxt Thursday
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice

Originally Posted by busters mum
Don't know if i'll get told off for this by the mods but here goes, if anyone has any questions about Europa pml me as i work for them, new mas just gone up so loads more coverage, also presentation at Monte Pego nxt Thursday
I am with Telefonica (now Movistar) and pay 47.64 including iva, that is for my line, 6mb adsl and free calls within Spain. I am not aware of any regional differences in price so if you are paying more then get calling 1004 and ask for a discount/better deal or else you're away to another provider.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gardner8
I am with Telefonica (now Movistar) and pay 47.64 including iva, that is for my line, 6mb adsl and free calls within Spain. I am not aware of any regional differences in price so if you are paying more then get calling 1004 and ask for a discount/better deal or else you're away to another provider.
I found that with Telefonica I had 6mb for a reasonable price (can't remember what it was), but after one year, all they would offer, even with the threat of changing, was 3mb for the same money. Europa gave me 6 mb (now 8mb) + excellent U.K. television, + other things, that I leave to my good lady to think about

Last edited by Saxy; Oct 21st 2011 at 8:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.