Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Road to nowhere...

Road to nowhere...

Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Road to nowhere...

Does anyone know if the road which runs behind the Parador (residents solo) is ever going to be a car route into Ayamonte. At the moment it is a lovely walk and cycle route but blocks car before it gets to the ferry area of the town.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road to nowhere...

Lovely walk full of dog poo ! all over the place cycle path pavement and road !

Road is blocked at the entrance to Balcon del Guadiana, long before the ferry port. I heard that the old building on right had to be knocked down then the road laid along its footprint, would need some sort of bridge as the river comes up quite a bit there. I also heard nope it will never happen, today I saw men in boiler suits on the sand looking like they were planning something and the day before a skip at the building.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

This road has been closed because too many cars would have to pass by the small streets accessing the centre.There was a project of putting down all the old buildings by the river to build a promenade from Balcon de Guadiana to the center. But knowing the actual financial situation... it will take a long time...
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Shame cos it would avoid all those unnecessary speed bumps on the other route. We parked up and walked to the ferry which took about 15 minutes, but would be good to have a quick drive through.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

How rude of me, I never said hello and welcome
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:18 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Lovely walk full of dog poo ! all over the place cycle path pavement and road !

Road is blocked at the entrance to Balcon del Guadiana, long before the ferry port. I heard that the old building on right had to be knocked down then the road laid along its footprint, would need some sort of bridge as the river comes up quite a bit there. I also heard nope it will never happen, today I saw men in boiler suits on the sand looking like they were planning something and the day before a skip at the building.
Perhaps they were clearing up the dog poo!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

No shovels no bags but they should start in the play area there which is obviously used as a dog toilet and the area behind the basketball area at the bottom of Balcon. My family went to have a look at the river from there and could not walk for dog mess, is was absolutely filthy.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
How rude of me, I never said hello and welcome
No worries, thanks for replying.