RHD cars

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RHD cars

Originally Posted by jdr
The Little mountain where the mariners cross is just up the road is a fav place for the Guardia, we went past one day and they were pulling all the UK plates and there were 6 gruas lined up ready.
I knew I wasn't imagining things
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:51 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

I know people on here go on about it a lot, but I personally don't know one person who has even had the status of their British-registered car queried.

One expat with a British reg car even stood as a Councillor for the Mayor's party (at the Mayor's request).

I agree with the person on here who says as long as it is insured why does it matter to anyone else.

I must add that ours is fully matriculated (other expats thought we were foolish for paying the money to have it done).
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 5:05 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
I know people on here go on about it a lot, but I personally don't know one person who has even had the status of their British-registered car queried.

One expat with a British reg car even stood as a Councillor for the Mayor's party (at the Mayor's request).

I agree with the person on here who says as long as it is insured why does it matter to anyone else.

I must add that ours is fully matriculated (other expats thought we were foolish for paying the money to have it done).
I know a few around here

maybe because sometimes you see more brit plates around here than spanish ones
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

A friend was stopped in his UK reg car and as he had been resident for just over 6 months he had the car impounded.

He had to pay 1000 euros fine and the car was only released on the day he left to take it back to the UK (which was actually his original intention and he had the ferry tickets to prove it).

So it does happen and it is now getting more common.