Retiring to Lanzarote

Retiring to Lanzarote

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 2:07 am
Just Joined

AndyPandy55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retiring to Lanzarote

Hello folks,

new to forum so so have lots of questions, so here goes with my first lol

my partner and I have bought a flat in Puerto del Carmen and we move in next month. I have the opportunity to drive down in a large van with our possessions and wonder what type of import procedure we face, eg will the contents of the van be examined in any way and may we face any charges for bringing our things to Lanzarote?

many thanks for any help,

cheers for now,

Andy
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retiring to Lanzarote

Originally Posted by AndyPandy55
Hello folks,

new to forum so so have lots of questions, so here goes with my first lol

my partner and I have bought a flat in Puerto del Carmen and we move in next month. I have the opportunity to drive down in a large van with our possessions and wonder what type of import procedure we face, eg will the contents of the van be examined in any way and may we face any charges for bringing our things to Lanzarote?

many thanks for any help,

cheers for now,

Andy
https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEA...ral_util.shtml
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 3:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you are intending to become permanently resident in Spain then you can import your “goods and chattels” free of tax. That also includes motor vehicles but a RHD van will be a problem.

Do you intend to reside permanently or is it just a holiday home?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

yes we we intend to be permanent residents, and the van is going back so it’s really about our furniture and personal belongings,

thanks for help
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 6:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Great! Make sure that you sign onto the local Padron and apply to register on the foreigners register as soon as you arrive.

There are many threads on here about residency so that should help.

At the moment Brexit is still an open question, but hopefully they will sort out some sort of agreeemnt which will mean that there is a fairly long transition period for you to sort out the paperwork etc.

Are you retired or will you be working?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
Great! Make sure that you sign onto the local Padron and apply to register on the foreigners register as soon as you arrive.

There are many threads on here about residency so that should help.

At the moment Brexit is still an open question, but hopefully they will sort out some sort of agreeemnt which will mean that there is a fairly long transition period for you to sort out the paperwork etc.

Are you retired or will you be working?
we will be retiring at the end of this month, packing up and heading south.