Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Restaurants in Javea.

Restaurants in Javea.

Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Restaurants in Javea.

Can anyone recommend any good, lively restaurants in the port/old town areas that are likely to be open in December.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:50 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants in Javea.

No response - maybe there aren't any open. You may have to venture further afield.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:04 am
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Not in the Port/Old Town area but the Mezquida is an excellent restaurant
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
No response - maybe there aren't any open. You may have to venture further afield.
Firtreesix would be the one to answer questions on Javea but has not been on for little while.

Rosemary
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

there must be lots of restaurants open in Javea as I expect Chrimbo is a very busy time there

there are some sites with lists of places to go in Javea - have a look on google
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:44 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Javea old town and port are both lively during December and all year round. I don't know of any specific places, because I've not personally been to any, but I have heard there are quite a few.

Why not try these websites:

http://www.javea24hrs.com/

http://www.javea-online.com/uk/dir/rest.htm

http://www.javeavillas.co.uk/javearestaurantreviews.htm
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Phew!! I've been trying to reply to this for a couple of days now, but my schedule is rather hectic right now!!

As MnM said, the Port is pretty lively during December, perhaps a little less so at the beginning of the month as restauranteurs take a little time off prior to the Xmas/New Year/Reyes extravaganza. As of now, all the eateries are open and seem to be quite busy. I can't really comment on any of them as I am not much of a food critic. There is a really good Nepalese flavoured restaurant on the main street that I have been to and enjoyed, a couple of Chinese places (no idea) and all the Spanish flavour ones along the esplanade.

I don't know if the OP has been to Javea before, I presume so. So, yeah...the pavements won't have been rolled up and everything boarded up for the winter. The restaurants will be happy to see you as business does slow up in the winter months. I hope you have a good time.

Firtreesix
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice

Ooops!! The question also mentioned the Pueblo...

There isn't much going on up there at the moment as most of the Pueblo is under reconstruction as of now. Going up there is an ordeal as a lot of the roads are closed, making it very difficult to do anything.

I have been to Al Ryad, a Moroccan restaurant on the road up to the Pueblo from the Port. Nice atmosphere, interesting decor and a different menu. We both enjoyed our selections, I had a chicken tagine and my wife had Kofta (Moroccan meatballs) followed by a wicked dessert of flaky pastry, chocolate and almonds. My only complaint was that the portions were too small, but then I tend to eat mammoth sized portions!!!

HTH

Firtreesix