Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:14 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Default TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been told by MRI that if I sell my apartment through them that I am liable for paying 16% eva??? ( tax)
can anyone clarify this
Thanks in advance
jen
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:05 pm
Spain Business Guides

elgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really nice
Default Re: TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello jennydoor,

I should think they mean that you will have to pay 16% IVA on their commission. Any decent estate agent will give you an invoice for their commission and this by law has to have IVA of 16%.

For example if you sold your property for 100,000€ and MRI charged you a commission of 2% you would have to pay the following:

Commission: 2000€
IVA: 320€
Total 2360€

Hope this helps

David
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:43 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough

I was under the impression from the estate agent that it was 16% of the value of the property???

No where in the written legal document does it state 16% of the commision, this is where I mis understood?
I can email you a copy of the contract it helps, I am a complete novice at this.
And thankyou for your prompt reply
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:33 pm
Spain Business Guides

elgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really niceelgestor is just really nice

Hello jennydoor,

I have PM'd you my email address. You can send your contract over to me and I'll take a look at it for you.

Regards

David