Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Resident after Brexit?

Resident after Brexit?

Old Jan 17th 2019, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Justaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond reputeJustaskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Resident after Brexit?

Hi,
after browsing for a while, I have taken the plunge and joined your group.

I wanted to start a topic of my own, but dont know where to start, ie how to do it.
I hope it doesn't land me in hot water, by posting on this thread.

I am a UK national, married to a Spaniard for over 35 years.I have been a resident in Spain in the past, but now am resident in the UK.
Hubby is resident in Spain, we spend time between both counties, and sometimes at the family apartment in Portugal.

I am wondering what my position will be after Brexit, with regards to being able to travel freely.
I cannot become a resident in Spain, due to commitments in the UK.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information.

thanks,

Lyn
Old Jan 19th 2019, 1:23 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident after Brexit?

Nobody yet knows how the future travel arrangements will be, lots of project fear and doom and gloom. I doubt that there will be much difference, travellers from most countries spend money and create jobs in the countries they visit, hence it is in the interests of all to make traveling easier.

Before all this EU twaddle got going, travel was easy, in 1961 I travelled from London, Dover Calaise ferry, then by rail to Rouen in France, without a passport.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what our overpaid incompetent politicians devise.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident after Brexit?

The information given in the various Brexit update meetings held in Spain, with British Consulate/Ambassador staff chairing, is that you will probably be allowed visa free travel for 3 months out of every six, with the option of registering for a temporary three month extension, each year, to make it 6 months per year.