Almoradi

Old Jan 13th 2019, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Rickys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Almoradi

Buenos. We currently live on the Costa Blanca and want to move to a bustling Spanish town, weve visited Almoradi on several occasions and really like it, Just wondering if there are any forum members that reside or have resided in Almoradi and can give me any for's or againsts regarding living there, we have heard a few english voices there but is there much of an English community?. Thanks all in advance for your responces.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:27 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almoradi

Hi,
I don't live in Almoradi, but have lived close and visited on many occasions. It is a bustling Spanish town with only a few exPats and definitely not a tourist trap. There are many bars and restaurants with lots to do. House prices are lower than nearer the coast offering excellent value. It is known locally as the town of many furniture shop, honestly you will be spoiled for choice. It is a great location only 40 minutes from Alicante airport, 20 minutes from the golden sands on Costa Blanca, with many other towns and cities to explore close by.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
Hi,
I don't live in Almoradi, but have lived close and visited on many occasions. It is a bustling Spanish town with only a few exPats and definitely not a tourist trap. There are many bars and restaurants with lots to do. House prices are lower than nearer the coast offering excellent value. It is known locally as the town of many furniture shop, honestly you will be spoiled for choice. It is a great location only 40 minutes from Alicante airport, 20 minutes from the golden sands on Costa Blanca, with many other towns and cities to explore close by.
Thanks mate, could I ask why you chose not live in Almoradi itself?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 3:03 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We have different requirements and prefer Cuidad Quesada.

Pleased to answer any specific questions you may have.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
Hi,

We have different requirements and prefer Cuidad Quesada.

Pleased to answer any specific questions you may have.
Nothing specific just wondered, we like Quesada but just looking for something a bit more Spanish and coming from a city in the UK we just wanted something with a bit if hustle and bustle, on the several occasions we have been to Almoradi we have witnessed no crime to persons but noticed the Spanish kept themselfs to themselfs and wondered why, but the last occasion talking to them in my fluet Spanglish they are quite friendly, was wondering how many English lived there, is there and clubs they meet up at etc.. Thanks for your responses mate.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 4:18 pm
Started off with nothing

AFIK, few English live in Almoradi and I am not aware of any English cafes, clubs and pubs. I am sure there will be some if you look, but that doesn't really appeal and I try to avoid these places. Next time you visit, you could ask a local?

You may prefer one of the larger towns in the area, e.g. Torrevieja, Orihuela, Murcia, Guardamar or Elche. There are many smaller town to consider, e.g. Rojales is predominately Spanish, but has English bars which might appeal to you?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.citypopulation.de/php/sp...p?cityid=03015

Try this site it gives breakdown of the population.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

Love Almoradi, Market day sit by the church with a coffee and watch the people go by, used to be a cafe by the Church, English run did Afternoon Tea and pretty good Bacon Rolls if I recall. Not sure if its still there. Used to have the odd English bar dotted about as well so must be a reasonable Ex Pat presence.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks @mobiles, you would have thought there would be a British Expat comunity however im struggling to find one, i have not let this put me off as im more than happy to mingle with the Spanish, i have found an apartment and paid deposit, there are a few bars that are english based so will pop in.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quesada would suit you better I think.Apart from British there are lots of Spanish,French,German & Scandinavians.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dougal03
Quesada would suit you better I think.Apart from British there are lots of Spanish,French,German & Scandinavians.
Hola Thx but Quesada isn't for us, we have friends that live there but we don't like it