Reload this Page >

Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Old May 24th 2008, 4:37 am
Just Joined

chloeinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
a company security contract cant be too much money split between all the owners surely?
Not at all...we have some very tight neighbours!
Old May 24th 2008, 4:40 am
Just Joined

chloeinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I think the OP needs to come back on really so that we can maybe discuss it further with them instead of between ourselves..........
I am back on now! Sorry, I am in the middle of a move and can´t log on as often as I normally do...
Old May 25th 2008, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

paulsm56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chloe,

I think that there are companies that construct produce interactive websites for urbanzations. You pay a set price per year and they maintain the website for you (they just issue you a username and password to log in). You can send free text messages to your neighbours and participate in an urbanization forum. Quite a novel idea, and you always know who you are talking to in the forum (the person´s property address always shows up). I think that these are handy websites if you would like to stay in contact /get to know other people in your urbanization.

Hope this helps, P
Old May 26th 2008, 1:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Set one up yourself for free using the free webspace off your IP.
Old May 26th 2008, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Resident´s committee and a general lack of communication

Originally Posted by jdr
Set one up yourself for free using the free webspace off your IP.
Jdr,

I see where you are coming from, but not everyone has the time and patience to do this...it is like baking bread....we can all do it, but who on earth could be bothered to do so when you can buy a barra de pan for 50 cent!!!!!!!!

Wesites are so cheap to buy these days that most people prefer to subcontract this work. These interactive websites only charge the entire community around 1000 a year, split between all owners. Considering that the average block of apartments in Spain has min 100 apartments, the cost would be around 8 euro per apartment per year! And you outsource the hassle and maintenance!!!

Paul
Old May 26th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulsm56
Jdr,

I see where you are coming from, but not everyone has the time and patience to do this...it is like baking bread....we can all do it, but who on earth could be bothered to do so when you can buy a barra de pan for 50 cent!!!!!!!!

Wesites are so cheap to buy these days that most people prefer to subcontract this work. These interactive websites only charge the entire community around 1000 a year, split between all owners. Considering that the average block of apartments in Spain has min 100 apartments, the cost would be around 8 euro per apartment per year! And you outsource the hassle and maintenance!!!

Paul
Big assumption that every resident will pay and allready has internet, some people wont pay for anything unless they are forced to. She has allready said she has some very tight neighbours.

FREE TEXT MESSAGES you say, I get the hump with the amount of text messages I recieve now at the wrong times let alone a hundred more potential SMS coming through.

My friend has a Place where they have these annual / semi Annual meetings Nr Torre and they infact changed the dates without telling him becuase he is a serial moaner, I laughed and could see it happening, but you have one person like that and give them a forum on the web to moan can just bring more grief
Old May 26th 2008, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Big assumption that every resident will pay and allready has internet, some people wont pay for anything unless they are forced to. She has allready said she has some very tight neighbours.

FREE TEXT MESSAGES you say, I get the hump with the amount of text messages I recieve now at the wrong times let alone a hundred more potential SMS coming through.

My friend has a Place where they have these annual / semi Annual meetings Nr Torre and they infact changed the dates without telling him becuase he is a serial moaner, I laughed and could see it happening, but you have one person like that and give them a forum on the web to moan can just bring more grief

Not everyone has to be in agreement in Spanish communities...majority vote remember! I don´t agree with having the pool open in Semana Santa when it always seems to rain and we have to split the cost of the obligatory lifeguard...but then it is down to majority rule!!!!!

Sorry, I should have been clearer - the free text messages are limited to a certain amount and can only be sent for notifying owners of serious circumstances (eg forced entry, leaks....the system is pre-programmed to avoid moaners texting everyone else all hours of the day!!!!).

Ya, know where you are coming from about the continual moaners, but you can just scan over their messages in the forum!!!!!!

All the best with your move to Spain!